The Old Folks Home

For the record, I had already decided to turn off the lane assist, so it could only alert me. 2 lane country roads are not always the best maintained, so there are low spots (filled with water when it rains), potholes, sometimes garbage cans out too far, etc. Of course, you just steer more towards the center of the road, to avoid such things.

With lane assist turned on fully, it detects that you're crossing the yellow line, and takes over the steering to guide the vehicle back into the lane. It's not a wrestling match for steering, but it does take a minute to get control of the steering back from the safety feature, only to have it try to do it again, until you are back in your lane.

This makes it somewhat difficult to avoid standing water in the low spots, and avoid pot holes, etc. I had decided to turn the feature to alert me only, but had not done it yet, when it did what it did yesterday.

I was trying to pass a garbage truck that was stopped. Because I was crossing the yellow line, into the oncoming lane, the lane assist feature kicked in, trying to steer me back into my lane. I got far enough that the last time it tried to steer me back into my lane, doing so would have hit the garbage truck. At that point, pre-collision assist kicked in, applying the brakes, and stopping the truck. Here I was in the middle of the road, stopped, with an oncoming car quickly approaching. I had plenty of time to go around, if the safety features had not take over.

Anyway, by then they had emptied those garbage cans, and were moving on to the next driveway for the next garbage can to empty. That made enough space for me to get back into my lane.

I have now set those features so they can alert me only. They can NOT take over the control of the vehicle.
Good grief awful glad you stopped the app !
I am back on the rat trap have them in all my plants

penny, sorry to hear about the rats. We seem to have a bumper crop of them here this year too. We were doing the live traps, and catching a fair amount, but it didn't seem to be making a dent in the overall population. I finally put out rat baits. In 2 nights, we counted at least 20 dead rats. Yes, there are still a few getting into the coops, but not nearly as bad as before. I will go out tomorrow, and put out more baits.

Once they're back under control, I'll stop with the baits, and we will go back to using only the live traps.

Once they're back under control, I'll stop with the baits, and we will go back to using only the live traps.
Good morning!

Just a small warning about the bait: any you don't find will potentially be a hazard to other wildlife, as well as your own animals. If they are eaten, they will poison the other critter.

Sorry, don't mean to butt in there, and feel free to tell me to mind my own business. :) I won't take offence!

Hi Guys and welcome to the Home @Canadian Wind. Pull up a rocker and sit a while.

My garden is toast. Just isn't doing well. Tomatoes aren't setting fruit, bush beans petered out although I am picking a handful at a time from the pole beans. My spring lettuce and spinach did wonderful but the only good thing so far are my onions and I've pulled over ten pounds so far that are curing in the shop.

Finally admitted defeat and told DH I may plant onions next year but that was it. I was tired of fighting the weather, the rain, the bugs and the weeds. There are enough Amish roadside stands around that I can pick up what I want if I want it at a reasonable price.

Hey, @CapricornFarm. Finally made it down to the creek yesterday. Found a few interesting rocks, mainly granites and quartz but found one rock that looks like lace agate. About wrecked my shoulder getting it home. I had taken a bag down with me and the silly thing was almost soccer ball sized. Tossed it in the bag, hitched it up on my shoulder and through the timber I hiked.

DH promised to go down with me next Sunday. I'm looking for rocks to line a flower bed and geodes. Found plenty of the first. Just need help getting them home.
Lace agate? That's super cool! Geodes are fun too!

Good morning OF. I got to sleep in a little late today. No appointments. Nowhere I had to be. Nice!

The new receiver we bought, bit the dust yesterday. I went back to Best Buy, and exchanged it. It's a PITA to unhook everything, then hook it back up again. Then having to do it all over within a couple weeks is not fun.

Back
Top Bottom