The Old Folks Home

Like how hard can it be they need him to fly out to them?
Not difficult, just lots of care and knowing how to take the frame apart so as not to damage the graphics.

Ok, I'll just say it: The set up crew was a bunch of union guys who were on their first day of work and had no clue. Not bashing unions, they just weren't equipped to do the job right, and wouldn't let the people who know tell them how to do it. Not the first time this has happened, and the company has had issues with unions before when they do set ups/tear downs at exhibit halls.

Add in time pressure of having to be done and out of the hall in 4 hours, and pieces get destroyed. The union doesn't care! The booth probably cost $10-15K to fabricate, crate, and deliver. The customer wants to be able to use it again for another show.
Hopefully, they'll give Hero Pay for the job.
I bet he will. They have been very good to him. The owner said he "could write his own ticket for his retirement, and if he wanted to come back, there would be a job there for him."

Good morning, OF. When I retired, my dept. manager asked if I would consider working if needed. I told her I would for $1,000 a day. She replied, "Oh, you really don't want to work?" I said, "Yes, but for if really needed I will come in for free." She was the greatest immediate supervisor I ever had, and I had many.

Back
Top Bottom