The Old Folks Home

“Thank you for the offer, but the day I can’t load it myself is the day I can’t unload it myself.
So very true!!
Though there are some days when I know I better wait until the next to unload so I let them put it in the car.

But, it seems like they are always short staffed.
Like everywhere. Just heard that a local fast food business (burgers, hot dogs, chicken, fries, ice cream kinda place) that has been here since the '40s isn't going to be at the local (and biggest by far) fair this year. They have had at least half a dozen "booths" every year spread around the grounds. Apparently they don't have staffing. Going to be a lot of holes in the food court.

They have had a seasonal truck in the city just north of us the past several years, I wonder if that is a no-go as well.

I wish I could but the hens would have my hide if I don't let them out for grass and weeds by 6. They would rather it be 5ish.
They need a photocell controlled auto door!

Good Afternoon Old Folks. I've worked 4 hours today and that is about it. Need to go into town for a propane refill. Got some candidates for Freezer Camp. Picked up some good looking dumplings while in the grocery store. 6 of these fully matured CXR will feed us for several months when used with dumplings. Wishing we had a plucker but for now our fingers will do the plucking.

Good Afternoon Old Folks. I've worked 4 hours today and that is about it. Need to go into town for a propane refill. Got some candidates for Freezer Camp. Picked up some good looking dumplings while in the grocery store. 6 of these fully matured CXR will feed us for several months when used with dumplings. Wishing we had a plucker but for now our fingers will do the plucking.
Soak dead bird in hot water skin them no feather to pluck or easier to do in boiling water.

Soak dead bird in hot water skin them no feather to pluck or easier to do in boiling water.
We talked about doing this but decided being we are only doing 2-3 at a time we would keep the skin on for flavor. I don't really know how much difference it will make but it can't hurt. I know that fried skin on for me is a must. These birds have lived a long and happy life being pampered CXR's. Some of them must weigh close to 20 lbs live weight or I'm just getting to old to pick one up like I used too.

Back
Top Bottom