The Olive-Egger thread!

IMG_7313.JPG
And this a newer pic of Olivia. Usually her buddy Sage is right by her side but I haven't been able to get a good one of her yet. They are 10 weeks old.

Hello, I am new on the chicken life. I have 2 chicks between 4 and 6 weeks old but i don't know what breed they are, they told me when i bought them they were Olive Egger but I'm not sure. Also i need to know if I have any pullet or cockerel. So please if any of you can help me I'll truly appreciate. Thanks...

Chick 1
It is 4 or 5 weeks old View attachment 1028651 View attachment 1028652 View attachment 1028653 View attachment 1028654 View attachment 1028655

CHICK 2
It is between 5 to 6 weeks old
View attachment 1028659 View attachment 1028660 View attachment 1028661 View attachment 1028662

Thank you for your time and the help.
Maria...

View attachment 1039621 Here is Vera(it's what I came up with for verde lol) She is huge! She's 10 weeks old. Hoping she's not a Roo. Kinda hard to tell with no comb or wattles. I love her muffs. She's a cross of Maran & Ameracauna from Meyer Hatchery.
Chick 1 looks like a pullet as my rooster had much bigger comb at that age and he is an olive egger. Chick 2 is questionable. I'm leaning rooster. Both are definitely Olive Egger as mine look like this.

I currently have several Olive Eggers and they are one of the most difficult to sex due to no wattles. My Avitar is my Oliver Egger Cockerel name Oliver(quite boring I know). For me the rows and redness of the combs was my biggest clue. In this pic he is 8 weeks old. I am still having a hard time with some of mine at 9 weeks determining what sex they are. Based on what I see on the combs it looks like two pullets to me. The comb on my one definite roo had 3 distinct pea rows in the comb and was much more fleshy that my suspected hen. Both yours don't appear to be defined peacomb rows at this point but I still think your are a bit early in being able to completely tell.

That's interesting! I know not all Marans lay super dark eggs; how deep of a brown was the mother's eggs? That would be the determining factor in how dark a green it would end up, right?

Back
Top Bottom