The Olive-Egger thread!

What does the offspring of a French Black Copper Marans roo over a Cream Crested Legbar look like.
  • Sex-Link? (yes?)
  • Crested?
  • Feather-footed?
  • Color?
Sexlink, should be as far as I know this it the 'rule:
If you put a "solid" or non-barred rooster over a barred hen, the chicks will be sex linked. The males will be black with a white dot on their heads at hatch.

The others are a crap shoot(?), I don't know enough about genetics to venture a speculation. I might have examples come spring, as I acquired a BCM cockerel and 2 CCL pullets this year.

Sexlink, should be as far as I know this it the 'rule:
If you put a "solid" or non-barred rooster over a barred hen, the chicks will be sex linked. The males will be black with a white dot on their heads at hatch.

The others are a crap shoot(?), I don't know enough about genetics to venture a speculation. I might have examples come spring, as I acquired a BCM cockerel and 2 CCL pullets this year.
You don't need to hatch them If you don't want to. I am hatching next spring (probably both FBCM×CCL & CCL×FBCM), too.

A5D0AF0E-2455-48D6-A0D5-9A3A6C64E95C.jpeg
B9D17D1D-B547-4F20-8F67-A7E21920C287.jpeg
Yes. I got three from Meyer. The black Copper Maran line one I received is very good size girl and is all black. The other two are from the cream legbar line and are a medium size. They all three are of egg laying age one ended up laying a brown egg,but that is always a chance with F1. One of my legbar line (the green egg layer of course) died about a month ago unfortunately. I’m pleased with the olive egg color of the one I have left. I would order again if I get the chance. I’m going to breed the black one with a black Copper Maran I currently have to get an F2 darker egg

DSC00521.JPG

These are the eggs I got 3 days ago.. girls slowed down just a little, but it's the most I've gotten since June last summer and so many shades of green… I really love the greyish olive one. Not sure who laid it yet, but most of my black hens that I know are a collective of Marans/Araucana/Australorp/other are laying olive eggs. The photo made them look lighter than they really are, but I have a hen or two laying darker green eggs than this I think.

Back
Top Bottom