The Olive-Egger thread!

I have 2 young Araucana cockerels, free for the cost (paypal only) to ship them (unless you're in the SW MO area, then they're just plain ole free). They are from blue eggs, they are black with red leakage, both are tufted, one is rumpless the other has a partial tail. They would be nice breeders for an Olive Egger cross, they don't fit the standard for my all black flock so they need to go.

I'll also be posting locally on craigslist and in the "needing a home" section here. Who ever says they want them first can have them. Pretty fella's. I'll take photo's if anyone is interested. PM me please.

Picked up today :)

Last edited:
Oh Id love to see pics!!! Do you have pics of the bantams? I hatched 2 bantam EE same time as you and they are complete opposites, like Day and Night. The White one has grayish lacing and some black tail feathers she also has a crest, 5 toes, and light greenish feathered legs. The Other is black with some white speckles, yellow and black legs, no 5th toes or feathered legs also no crest. They don't look related lol. Ill take pics today. I cant wait to see your Olive Eggers too!
For ChickenPickin - Here are the two white bantams (one cockeral, one pullet), the black bantam (not sure) and one of the LF olive eggers we call Funky (we assume he is all roo). The other two LF are all black. They are all just over 14 weeks.

They are so cute. My white pullet looks like yours. And your white rooster is very pretty also I love his markings. And the LF OE rooster I love his weird barring/lacing? He is going to be Handsome. Thanks for the pic updates its nice to see chicks from my flock once they are feathering in.

I wanted to post some pictures of one of my Olive Egger cockrels. If I have done my color theory research right I believe he is a gold duck wing with red enhancers making him for appearance a red duckwing.

Today is hatch day! I love hatch day. My BCM is sitting on 12 eggs. Roo is OEF1 and I put BCM eggs and light green eggs under her. Last night while locking up the pens I heard a peep. I had an early bird sitting on top of mom. She's a first time mom so I hope she does well.

Today is hatch day! I love hatch day. My BCM is sitting on 12 eggs. Roo is OEF1 and I put BCM eggs and light green eggs under her. Last night while locking up the pens I heard a peep. I had an early bird sitting on top of mom. She's a first time mom so I hope she does well.

fl.gif
I hope you have a great hatch!

I just have to show mine too at least I think their olive the darker ones???

Nice.

Question. To get an Olive Egger layer, I know you need a blue egg layer, and a brown egg layer. So, does it matter if it's something other than the Marans breed? Can a Welsummer..a Barnevelder..or any brown egg layer do? As long as she is bred with the EE or Ameraucuana?

Back
Top Bottom