The Olive-Egger thread!

Quote:
the would made Autosexing as e+/eb B/- females chicks look just like e+/e+ B/- females, that is without a headspot and males will look like e+/ B/b+ males.. how do we know this? well there have been documented crosses of CCL males mated to Wyandotte(partridge SLW /GLW)

Quote:
This will also produce Autosexing chicks or Sexlinks depending on how you make the cross Silver Ameraucana male over a Penedesenca Female will produce Sexlinks that look like autosexing chicks crele Penedesenca male mated to a Silver ameraucana female will produce both, Autosexing and Sexlinks...

Does anyone have experience breeding a Welsummer cock to an Ameraucana hen? I'm thinking specifically about the speckles you tend to see on Welsummer eggs--I'd like them on my olive eggs. Is this a trait that would carry through to the offspring?

Does anyone have experience breeding a Welsummer cock to an Ameraucana hen? I'm thinking specifically about the speckles you tend to see on Welsummer eggs--I'd like them on my olive eggs. Is this a trait that would carry through to the offspring?
I bred an EE boy to some Wellie girls. Some are laying a smooth dark green egg, one is laying a sort of khaki color with tiny brown freckles, they just started laying this month and the eggs are still small. I expect them to change a bit as they get older. A couple of girls have beards & muffs, look like wellies and have single combs, One lays a pale tan/pink egg like an orp and one lays a dark brown like her wellie mamma. You just never know what you are going to get

Here are my first five OEs. What do yall think in terms of combs and chance of laying olive eggs? They are BCM roo and EE hens

Back
Top Bottom