The Olive-Egger thread!

I have a beautiful hen. She's half Blue Copper Marans and half Ameracauna. She *should* be laying Olive eggs (or any eggs!) by now, but she's 8 or 9 months old now with nary an egg in sight. I can't wait to see what she starts laying when she finally does lay.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good place to get a few straight run olive eggers? I live in MN if that matters. I have a batch of chicks arriving on March 23rd and if it at all possible it would be great to raise them all together! TY!!!

Last edited:
I have a beautiful hen. She's half Blue Copper Marans and half Ameracauna. She *should* be laying Olive eggs (or any eggs!) by now, but she's 8 or 9 months old now with nary an egg in sight. I can't wait to see what she starts laying when she finally does lay.

Hopeful you'll get some eggs soon! My black copper marans hen took forever to start laying. I think she was about 9.5 months old when I finally got my first egg from her... AND she was a late winter hatch. I think if she had hatched mid summer, it could have taken even longer for her to start laying.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a few straight run olive eggers? I live in MN if that matters. I have a batch of chicks arriving on March 23rd and if it at all possible it would be great to raise them all together! TY!!!
I got one from My Pet Chicken. I was very happy with her. Oh, she wasn't straight run though, not sure if they do that. I ordered pullets. She was blue, very pretty. I have gorgeous pullets from her now who I crossed with My Marans. The ones who lay olive have some great shades!

Back
Top Bottom