The Olive-Egger thread!

If I cross my black copper maran rooster with easter eggers would I get dark olive eggs. I have never breed any chicks yet so I am pretty excited to start in the spring.I also have bkue ameraucana hens. Plan to breed my black copper maran roo with them all.what do you think. Any advice. And charts I can look at

Wow such gorgeous eggs on this thread! Gives me ideas for the future:) Grey, plum, the possibilities... Now does anyone know if i cross an EE roo hatched from a blue egg but has a white egg father with a BCM hen...will i get an olive egger or will that white grandad dilute the egg color? Thanks in advance!

you should get an olive egger. 1 blue egg parent should pass the blue egg gene to the offspring.

If I cross my black copper maran rooster with easter eggers would I get dark olive eggs. I have never breed any chicks yet so I am pretty excited to start in the spring.I also have bkue ameraucana hens. Plan to breed my black copper maran roo with them all.what do you think. Any advice. And charts I can look at

If you want guaranteed olives, the Ameraucanas would be the one to use. Some Easter eggers only carry 1 blue egg gene, so only 50% will be olive eggers, the other will be brown. I'm currently testing my easter eggers with golden cuckoo marans to see if they both are homozygous for blue.

My blue olive egger (Isbar X Marans) laid her first egg. All 3 are now laying and seem to be very productive. One has laid an egg every day for 6 days straight.

Back
Top Bottom