The "Peach" Peafowl bandwagon?

Deerman, thats exactly what we've needed (again!) to show the difference using a photo (thanks DMfarms as well)
thumbsup.gif
. I too have noticed how spalding influences a colour, and it will make a peach bird darker, but it will still be noticeably peach as opposed to cameo. Without the spalding influence, I have not seen any shades of cameo, they are one, or the other. However, it is very important that if you are looking for a particular colour, research, research, research will help you. I had a guy try and sell me a peach male, when in fact it was purple. As he had never seen one before (a purple one or peach one that is), he didnt know (or could have just been playing stupid). He was working with an indian blue male that was apparently split to peach. He only had cameo and purple hens, and bred this male to them. His offspring varied, but included peach hens, purple males and hens, cameo hens and blues. So, someone explain that to me?
hu.gif
The only other peafowl he had were a pair of greens and midnights.

Last edited:
Arbor,,you and I seem very disciplined in what we are looking for,,I just wish I had the experience to know by just looking at a bird,,,that's why I'm only looking at 2 breeders to get Peach from,and if I must wait a year to get them,at least I know they will indeed be Peach.The care-less breeder that screwed up my Midnight B/S is one example of how now I am wiling to spend more to get correct birds,,and wait if I have to.

Back
Top Bottom