The Peeps are here...some bad news. -UPDATE-I am at a loss...HELP! :o(

OHHHHH Pedro! I am so sorry! That is just awful! :thun I just want to call them up and yell at someone! (and I used to be a CS rep!)

hugs.gif

hugs.gif

hugs.gif

hugs.gif

hugs.gif

Thanks every ONE for your kind words. I slept a bit fitfully last night--nerves! I did sleep though. Today, I feel a bit better. Slept in.
roll.png

So what if two more died (one was dead when I woke up and another I had to put down)...still, that leaves me with 22 little guys.

They seem to be doing OK...the 22 peeps. Most are running around like mad...dashing! Peeping and dashing, that is good, right? Geesh! I am so paranoid all of a sudden! The last brood I got (first) I only lost ONE bird. They were raised in the same room as the ones are in now...the furnace room. It's QUITE warm in there so I know it's not lack of heat. If I lose any more, I would be at my wits end!

I hope I don't lose any more...killing the one today was painful enough! Hearing it's little "peep" as I ended it's misery haunts me...
sad.png

Anyway...that's getting morbid. Sorry!
roll.png

Most of my friends were real sympathetic about the whole thing but some were, "well, you got them to EAT them...right?" As if to say, why should I care if they die now?

smack.gif

Still...I have no comeback for that one. Even though I know some (roos first) will get processed for food...I still care whether that they might die uneventfully painful/miserable deaths.

They don't get it though and I guess I don't either...

But, I digress...my glass IS half full! Isn't it?

Pedro
cool.png

PS Sorry to sound so whiny and thanks for all your kind words. I knew YOU would understand!
love.gif

PS2 Another thing...remind me NEVER EVER to get chicks before March. EVER! :mad:

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm so sorry.. I just saw this post.
hugs.gif

Sometimes baby chics just die like for whatever reason.Do you have any Avia Charge? McMurrays or Strombergs has it.
Hang in there, it'll get better.
I'm so freaking busy with my little ones, it's sooo hard to keep up with what's happening here.
barnie.gif

Most of my friends were real sympathetic about the whole thing but some were, "well, you got them to EAT them...right?" As if to say, why should I care if they die now?

smack.gif
that's why all my friends are my animals,lol.
smile.png

Still...I have no comeback for that one.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little ones. It's hard to make a decision to end a life.. even when you know it's the right one.

As for your friends. Well, to me there is a huge difference between getting to play for months in the sunshine, fresh air, and dirt, even if they are destined for the stewpot, than for something tiny to die before he/she even got started. It seems like they struggled so hard to get into this world for what? I think there is a huge difference, and I'm sorry that your friends don't understand that.

Give yourself time to grieve. Sounds like a pretty overwhelming experience. And when that is over, you'll be lighter of heart and ready to play with your new babies.

Meghan​

That's awful, Pedro. I'm so sorry. On the upside, you now have 22 little peeps to keep you company. Hugs to you.
hugs.gif

Make sure you post some pictures of those little guys growing up!
love.gif

Thanks you all. I am feeling MUCH better and I think my birds are OK now. I'd like to think the worse is over. I keep forgetting how fragile this dudes are. WOW!

So, after a very emotional weekend I can finally relax and enjoy my buddies. I look forward to the next batch but these...hopefully, they will get here. A-OK!

Thanks again for your nice words and caring thoughts. You ALL rock!
ya.gif

Peace-

Pedro
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom