The problem continues...

xxIsabellaxx

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
I recently had one of my chickens pass away, she was not her self and died from some kind of seizure. Her symptoms were drooping tail, lathargic, always closing her eyes, and leaky fluid coming from her vent.

So today i was feeding my horses and i went to collect the eggs from my coops and i noticed my Easter Egger hybrid hen was hiding in our old dog house that is in the coop.

I knew something was wrong because she is usually the most flighty chicken in the flock, she is also usually avoids human contact ( petting and touching).

Some of her symptoms were the same as my other hen
she was lathargic, drooping tail, crusty white flakes near her eyes, she kept closing her eyes, and she also had clear fluid coming from her vents.

with my other hen Wings She died in October and i was told it was an Ecoli infection.

Do you think she could have the same thing?

PS:

The easter egger is seperated right now, and all my other hens are fine.

Also any advice on dealing with a Red Fox stalking my girls?

No she wasn't. she was a very heavy bird to begin with. but right before she died she was very light.

Also my mom just told me she checked on her and she said her breathing sounded kind of like a rattling sound. could it be pnuemonia?

ok, different problem than I'm having. We have a problem with foxes but they never get to our chickens at night because our coop has a solid bottom in it and is closed up at night, and we have dogs which help keep foxes from coming too close. There are products that are saposed to repel foxes but don't know how well it works.

Back
Top Bottom