The Quacki Campbell Thread

Great ratio, you planning on hatching any of the fertile eggs when they lay? I don't think khaki's have much interest in hatching eggs.
Yes, I plan on hatching some.
I don't know weather they'll be broody or not.
Some places I read they are as broody as Muscovies and other places I read they aren't broody at all. So... I dunno. :idunno
I can always hatch their eggs under my Muscovies if they don't go broody, though.

Yes, I plan on hatching some.
I don't know weather they'll be broody or not.
Some places I read they are as broody as Muscovies and other places I read they aren't broody at all. So... I dunno. :idunno
I can always hatch their eggs under my Muscovies if they don't go broody, though.
I think it depends on where you get them, for example, hatcheries you have a less chance of a duck/chicken going broody. Breeder stock birds have a better chance of going broody than hatchery stock. You seem to have a lot of muscovies so i'm gonna ask the dumbest question, I have a duck named Bella who I thought was the only muscovy girl out of 4, ahead of time she proved herself right and we all think she is a girl. The only doubt is she has the face of a male, by face I mean the red stuff, but her voice is lighter and she is SO much smaller than my drake, would that MAKE her a drake?

I think it depends on where you get them, for example, hatcheries you have a less chance of a duck/chicken going broody. Breeder stock birds have a better chance of going broody than hatchery stock. You seem to have a lot of muscovies so i'm gonna ask the dumbest question, I have a duck named Bella who I thought was the only muscovy girl out of 4, ahead of time she proved herself right and we all think she is a girl. The only doubt is she has the face of a male, by face I mean the red stuff, but her voice is lighter and she is SO much smaller than my drake, would that MAKE her a drake?
I got my KCs from Townline hatchery so we'll see.
If she is that much smaller than your drake than I'm positive it's a hen.
Both hens and drakes get that red stuff on their face. It's called caruncles. Hens just have less of it than drakes.
From what you're describing, I'm pretty sure you've got a hen. :)
Btw, that's not a dumb question. :hugs

I got my KCs from Townline hatchery so we'll see.
If she is that much smaller than your drake than I'm positive it's a hen.
Both hens and drakes get that red stuff on their face. It's called caruncles. Hens just have less of it than drakes.
From what you're describing, I'm pretty sure you've got a hen. :)
Btw, that's not a dumb question. :hugs
Thanks for the answer, hers is as big as his that's why I was confused. I hope your khaki's get broody and if they don't like you said, muscovies are great mama's :fl

Back
Top Bottom