~The Rare Breed Thread~

The Duck Ladie

Duck Addict
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
Hello, everybody.
I've noticed we have a thread for a lot of different duck breeds, and I thought It would be nice to have a thread for rare ducks. So please post your rare breed ducks! And if you are breeding rare breed ducks, thank you! I hope everybody has fun!
-The Duck Ladie

Here are my rare breed ducks, They are a Magpie Couple who I plan on breeding. I truly love the Magpie. When I was deciding on what breeds to get earlier this year, I saw them and fell in love with them, so I got three of them, one boy and two girls, but one of the girls didn't make it. I was so afraid I'd lost the boy and wouldn't be able to breed Magpies, but thankfully my boy was still with me, and has turned out to be of my favorite ducks out all of the ones I've ever owned ( Which a BUNCH ). Anyway the boy's name is Miel, which is French for honey, and the girl's name is Cheri, which is the French word for darling . My girl, Cheri, is very sweet and shy. All of my boys love her more than the other ducks, which is why I'm going to have to get rid of one of them, she was getting beat up, poor girl.

Miel and Cheri swimming.

Miel and Cheri together.

Miel showing his beautiful feathers.

There are quite a few of wild ducks that are rare. Here are some, not sure if there are more rare wild duck breeds.
Cinnamon Teal,
Eurasian Wigeon,
Fulvous Whistlings duck,
Black bellied Whistlings duck,
Barrow's Goldeneye,
King Eider,

There are quite a few of wild ducks that are rare. Here are some, not sure if there are more rare wild duck breeds.
Cinnamon Teal,
Eurasian Wigeon,
Fulvous Whistlings duck,
Black bellied Whistlings duck,
Barrow's Goldeneye,
King Eider,
thumbsup.gif
Nice! I found out recently, though, that whistling ducks aren't true ducks, though they sure look like them.

Wow, Whistling ducks look really beautiful in the pictures I googled. And your magpies are beautiful as well, Duck Lady.

Back
Top Bottom