The rehoming a rooster thread

Pics
Looking to re-home my rooster, he is slightly aggressive. Chases me and has scratched my leg up once. This is my first time with chickens and sadly I'm in over my head with him. Free to a good home as a "pet". Please don't kill him or hurt him 😔 Had him since he was a chick and really sad to have to let him go. Hopefully he can find a home with an owner who is more equipped to handle him.

Name: Goose
Breed: Easter egger
Weight: Not sure

20210906_165117.jpg
20210906_165120.jpg 20210928_100314.jpg

Location: Conway County, AR. (If interested PM for more info)

Name: Soldier

Breed: Cochin Bantam

Color: Black

Size: small (bantam)

He really is a sweet boy. First to hatch out of 3. To be honest he is in a pen so don't know how he would do if given the opportunity to really be mean. He is my sweet boy who will not come running but doesn't mind being picked up. I hatched him out of my Black Cochin Bantams. My beloved Little Big Shot is his dad. (First pic) Our hens, all three, look like this. (Second pic) This is him right after he hatched. (Third pic) This is him now. (Fourth and fifth pic) Feel free to ask for certain info, pics, or other such as weight and I will figure it out. He really needs to find a home since I can't have two roos and 3 hens. We would be willing to drive him 30 min. to and hour. Thank you!
20210321_105724~2.jpg

20210502_093201.jpg

20210523_092123.jpg

20210828_084918.jpg

20210917_164057.jpg

Name: Jack
Breed: Buff Orpington
Size: Large
Weight: Unknown

About: We thought he was "Rose" when we got it from the feed store, and raised him from day old. He just started crowing every morning, but not very loud. He is lovely, and should be an excellent add if your flock is missing a rooster. Please don't hesitate to message me and ask for more information!
Did you find a home for him?

I see so many threads about roosters that sadly need to be rehomed that go unanswered and the roosters are likely slaughtered. That's why I decided to make the rooster rehoming thread. On this thread you can post about your rooster that needs to be rehomed and if someone is looking to find a rooster they can post on this thread. Its that simple!

Here's a form I recommend you fill out about your rooster that needs to be rehomed:

Breed:
Weight:
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.):
Photos:
Polish rooster his name's is miles. He is 5 months old, and healthy. He is one of 3 that I need to find a home for, polish chickens are on the small size but a big personality. He was hand raised. He is competing with my silver rooster, and I don't want them fighting. I live in Sneads Ferry N.C and hope that someone will find a flock for him to join. Free😉

Attachments

• PXL_20210910_215811267.jpg
    PXL_20210910_215811267.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 3
Polish rooster his name's is miles. He is 5 months old, and healthy. He is one of 3 that I need to find a home for, polish chickens are on the small size but a big personality. He was hand raised. He is competing with my silver rooster, and I don't want them fighting. I live in Sneads Ferry N.C and hope that someone will find a flock for him to join. Free😉
Sadly there are more roosters looking for good homes than there are people looking to give them good homes. I live too far away sorry!(Southern WV)

Pancake Still looking for a new home.

Breed: Silkie

Size: Medium

Located in Tawas City Michigan. For exact address PM me?

He's a friendly boy, my sister doesn't want him butchered. He's a bit grabby with the ladies. He's an extra rooster, who needs to be rehomed.

20210811_152637.jpg
1010191222.jpg

Roosters name: Silver
Breed: Gray Easter egger from TSC
Weight: Not sure
Size: He is the size of laying hen
About rooster: Silver is a mellow rooster. He is used to being hand fed treats by our kid and was raised with the other pullets to be handled. Unfortunately, we got a letter from our Town that he needs to go.

Attachments

• 20211226_081528[1].jpg
    20211226_081528[1].jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211226_075506[1].jpg
    20211226_075506[1].jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom