The rehoming a rooster thread

Middle TN
Rooster's Name: Betty
Breed: Blue/Splash Laced Red Wyandotte
Weight: ?
Personality: Sweet as can be. Knows its name. Will come when called. Likes to be cuddled when alone (typical lol). LOVES cold canned corn.

I have a 12 week old Blue/Splash Laced Red Wyandotte. I was really hoping Betty was a girl, but it's looking (and today, sounding) like she is a he.
I HATE to have to re-home her/him. I hand-syringed medication to it as a baby - I'm already one of those who gets really attached - AND - I've already had to re-home two other roosters (who were supposedly an auto sex breed). But I am not zoned for roosters - I would seriously train this one to sleep indoors if I was allowed.
Needless to say, I want Betty to have the best life. Right now, they get cold corn or watermelon or honeydew nearly daily, and free-range during the day. I would really love to be able to visit occasionally - I know that sounds crazy - don't care.
My birds are the sweetest. They know their names, and will come running to greet you, even if you don't have treats.
IMG_2073.JPG

Hello! I have a extremely handsome, 20 week old Super Blue Egg Layer named Poseidon that I purchased from MyPetChicken.com. I'm not allowed to keep a rooster, unfortunately. I live in San Jose, CA. He's been vaccinated against Marek's Disease, has been on organic starter feed and is a real beauty. He's living with two 20 week hens who have also been vaccinated. I would love to find him a new home where he can strut his stuff and be his beautiful self! Free to a good, safe home.

Attachments

• DSC_3183.jpg
    DSC_3183.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_3190.jpg
    DSC_3190.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
Roosters name: Winnie
Breed: Golden Laced Wyandotte
We were hoping this guy would turn out to be a hen, but are starting to see pointed saddle feathers. He hasn’t started crowing yet, but many other signs are evident. He is not aggressive toward people, has been handled daily since a few days old, doesn’t bite, and is sweet to his flock mates. We would love to keep him, but are not allowed roosters in our town.

Attachments

• 77CCC8CF-6C84-4731-AF7C-47F441C7EB0C.jpeg
    77CCC8CF-6C84-4731-AF7C-47F441C7EB0C.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 70DB1FDE-9F3C-42ED-A516-3819AABE5623.jpeg
    70DB1FDE-9F3C-42ED-A516-3819AABE5623.jpeg
    772.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 423256A1-19CA-4125-8CE0-7DEB70BED16A.jpeg
    423256A1-19CA-4125-8CE0-7DEB70BED16A.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 17
  • F6ACB1E2-7F68-449E-AC7F-92572F40FD66.jpeg
    F6ACB1E2-7F68-449E-AC7F-92572F40FD66.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 24
Middle TN
Rooster's Name: Betty
Breed: Blue/Splash Laced Red Wyandotte
Weight: ?
Personality: Sweet as can be. Knows its name. Will come when called. Likes to be cuddled when alone (typical lol). LOVES cold canned corn.

I have a 12 week old Blue/Splash Laced Red Wyandotte. I was really hoping Betty was a girl, but it's looking (and today, sounding) like she is a he.
I HATE to have to re-home her/him. I hand-syringed medication to it as a baby - I'm already one of those who gets really attached - AND - I've already had to re-home two other roosters (who were supposedly an auto sex breed). But I am not zoned for roosters - I would seriously train this one to sleep indoors if I was allowed.
Needless to say, I want Betty to have the best life. Right now, they get cold corn or watermelon or honeydew nearly daily, and free-range during the day. I would really love to be able to visit occasionally - I know that sounds crazy - don't care.
My birds are the sweetest. They know their names, and will come running to greet you, even if you don't have treats.View attachment 2285107
I should note for anyone interested in Betty - I will drive her/him to you anywhere in the Middle TN/Lower KY/Upper AL region. Will drive for a good home.

I have two, potentially three, but one is pending. Our county contacted us to tell us we have to remove the roosters as they are not allowed in our area. We have been building up our flock but currently do not have enough hens to roosters, so they both compete sometimes, but the majority of the time they are nice to the hens. They also are one week apart in age and have grown up together and I have never seen them fight, just chase each other occasionally. I would be willing to travel if someone wants both of them.

Roosters name: Ruby
Breed: Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Weight: 7-8 lbs?
Size: Large
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): Ruby is your fairly average rooster. He was intended to be my daughter’s 4H chicken, so Ruby has been handled often and we can usually pick him up without much resistance.
Photos:
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200625175856461_COVER.jpg

Roosters name: Peregrine
Breed: Ameracauna
Weight: 7-8 lbs?
Size: Large
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.):
Peregrine is my favorite rooster. :( He is very nice and lets me pick him up anytime. He has the perfect rooster crow that is on the quieter side.
Photos:
IMG_20200625_180204.jpg

Photo to show they do not mind being held.
IMG_20200625_182016.jpg

Location: San Jose, CA Willing to drive if means a good home.
Roosters name: Kaylee (Kylo Ren) and Cinderella (Cinder)
Breed: Blue Andalusian
Weight: Approx 7 lbs? Hard to measure! Tall and Slim
Size: Standard
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.):
Roosters aren't legal here. :( Kylo Ren is the dominant rooster and is very nosy. He is more aggressive, but likes people. He was the friendliest of all the chickens, but is more skeptical now. He is in the solo picture, and in the back of the pair picture. Cinder is more chill, but does not like to be picked up or touched. It was harder to get a picture of him. He is the front rooster in the pair picture. Andalusians tend to have a quieter crow as well.
Both are vaccinated against Marek's disease, free ranged, and fed an organic diet with extra grubs.
Photos:

Attachments

• ChickenRed.jpg
    ChickenRed.jpg
    836.7 KB · Views: 21
  • ChickenYellow.jpg
    ChickenYellow.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hello, we have two roosters that sadly need to be rehomed. Our family is very attached, but our town will not allow them to stay.
#1/2
Roosters name: Sassy (will need to change to a more manly name)
Breed: Black Australorp
Weight: not sure, still growing
Size: large
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): Sassy is very attentive to anything out of place. He is not extremely docile, a little higher strung than our other roo. He already starting to watch over our girls quite closely and does not miss a beat. All of our chicks have spent a lot of time around people, and will cuddle up on your legs if you sit with a towel over them. He does not like to be held, though. He is starting to get his voice (only around 7 a few times) and our neighbors will be getting upset soon. He will be a great protector of his own flock of hens and we want him to find a wonderful home.
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG

#2/2
Roosters name: Nutmeg
Breed: Golden-Laced Wyandotte
Weight: not sure, still growing
Size: medium
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): Nutmeg is more laid back than Sassy. He gets along well with the flock and is very sweet and personable. He, like our other chicks, has spent a lot of time around people, and will cuddle up on your legs if you sit with a towel over them. From what I hear, he has not yet started getting his voice but we know we need to find him a new wonderful home.
#2/2
Photos:

Hey Everyone! I have a Speckled Sussex that has made himself known as a cockerel. Unfortunately, I am not in an area zoned for roosters, so I need to find him a good home.

Location: Sonoma County, CA (Willing to drive within the Bay Area/meet halfway if you're farther north than me. I'm sure we can figure something out.)
Roosters name: Sequoia
Breed: Speckled Sussex
Weight: No clue
Size: Growing :)
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): I purchased Sequoia as a chick from the local feed store - he was sold to me as a pullet. He is just now finding his voice. I haven't had any issues with his personality - he is very curious and loves the camera. I will miss him!
Photos (I can take more if needed)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Seq. 2.jpg
    Seq. 2.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Sequoia.JPG
    Sequoia.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom