The rehoming a rooster thread

Pics
Name: Larry
Breed: Blue Andalusian
Weight: ?
Size: standard?
Larry is awesome, but is quite noisy and we were going for all hens, but that's the luck of the draw. Showing signs of being protective of his flock, but he's pretty gentle when you hold him. I'm not big on using the crow collars and we don't have room to house him separately. I would love if he could find a farm or friendly forever home where he can strut his stuff in happiness.
Thanks for looking.
789C3D7B-D6E4-435A-ABD4-E56AB95B202A.jpeg
AEBD8D9A-CB55-45D7-AC1A-E517F2472DFA.jpeg

Hi - We purchased a Blue Gold Partridge Brahma chick from a farm who promised it was a hen (because we live in an area that doesn't allow for Roosters) and at 6 months we realized it was in fact a Roo
Roosters name: Formerly known as Winifred (Winnie)
Breed: Blue Gold Partridge Brahma
Weight: Roughly 7-9 lbs
Size: Still a juvenile but has almost all of his adult feathers
About rooster: Winnie the Roo is super people friendly and used to being handled. He is a busy bee in the morning but likes end of day cuddles.
Photos: Attached

Please let me know if you are interested in giving Winnie a good home or can help. Need a solution ASAP!!

Thanks,

Attachments

• Image from iOS (17).jpg
    Image from iOS (17).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 13
Name: Larry
Breed: Blue Andalusian
Size: standard?
Larry is awesome, but is quite noisy and we were going for all hens, but that's the luck of the draw. Showing signs of being protective of his flock, but he's pretty gentle when you hold him. I'm not big on using the crow collars and we don't have room to house him separately. I would love if he could find a farm or friendly forever home where he can strut his stuff in happiness.
Thanks for looking.
View attachment 2348303View attachment 2348304
We were able to find a nice home for Larry. He'll be with enough hens to keep him busy. Also, there's pigs, goats, ducks, etc.... So a nice little farm to stretch his wings. Thanks for looking!

Roosters name: Fluffy
Breed: silkie
Weight: 1 pound
Size: bantam
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): we bought Fluffy when he was 2 months old and were told he was a hen. He’s just started crowing this week, so surprise! We can’t keep roosters in our area so I need to find him a good home. My girls play with him all the time - he’s very friendly and tolerant. He also does well around our labradoodle. I’m willing to deliver him and can even go as far as Folsom/Placerville. He’s such a sweetie and I hate to have to give him up.
Photos: 312C0A0D-ADB4-4E04-8BB8-147E5778DCCD.jpeg 283F67BD-1D5F-4351-A589-1EE701FB850D.jpeg 259C9470-1BD1-4A37-AE17-E2A91071FD9A.jpeg

2 bantam roos, it seems like everything my silkies set turns out to be a rooster :he Seriously, I'm 8 roosters and 0 pullets so far, I give up! The roosters are too small to eat or be of any use to me, anyway, but perhaps you have a flock of little ladies in need of a fancy man.
Ruckersville, VA
Not named except "silly looking fellows"
Phoenix hen x crested cream legbar roo
Barred rock x cochin bantam hen and CCL roo
Age about 10 weeks or so

Both are crested and will be very cute and likely small. I have too many roosters already! Please please take these little fellows! I will gladly drive to meet you somewhere.

Attachments

• 20201002_130811.jpg
    20201002_130811.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201002_130813.jpg
    20201002_130813.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201002_130848.jpg
    20201002_130848.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 10
Roosters name: Beaker
Breed: Silkie
Weight: Not sure, he is small but leggy
Size: Bantam
About rooster (roosters personality, why you need to rehome this rooster, etc.): He is sweet, but we can't keep him. He is super handsome too. He is probably show quality, if you like that kind of thing. He would be a great breeder.
Photos: Will attach photos soon, need to take updated pics.

2 bantam roos, it seems like everything my silkies set turns out to be a rooster :he Seriously, I'm 8 roosters and 0 pullets so far, I give up! The roosters are too small to eat or be of any use to me, anyway, but perhaps you have a flock of little ladies in need of a fancy man.
Ruckersville, VA
Not named except "silly looking fellows"
Phoenix hen x crested cream legbar roo
Barred rock x cochin bantam hen and CCL roo
Age about 10 weeks or so

Both are crested and will be very cute and likely small. I have too many roosters already! Please please take these little fellows! I will gladly drive to meet you somewhere.
These are rehomed, thanks for looking!

Roosters name: Buckbeak
Breed: Bantam Easter Egger
Weight: 2 lbs +- (forget to ask avian vet this week and maybe the digital scale is not accurate).
Size: Bantam

~
Sorry SO long (Lotsa details):

Bantam Easter Egger Buckbeak was born 25 March 2020 (from Crackle Hatchery), and, as a chick, his scissors beak became noticeable and obvious. For the first couple of weeks, he ate chick feed just fine and drank out of the little chick waterers (ground). Later, after four months of age, he struggled to eat. We put him in an Eglu + 3-run extension chicken coop/run/tractor with another little less severe crossbeak hen. In the last couple of months, he can hardly eat at all. I started feeding him by syringe (30-35 ml). Then this past week I went to the local avian vet. He got a check-up, happily parasite-free and healthy. The avian vet did give me probiotics to help his gut health improve, he had a little dysbiosis (and the doc said NO honey or unsweetened apple sauce to make mash or feed torpedoes as it was disrupting his gut health). The vet said Buckbeak was VERY sociable; he is a friendly, sweet little roo. The main reason that I went was to learn how to properly tube feed him as he doesn't seem to be able to eat on his own (and good thing I did as instructions online were inaccurate, suggested the wrong size tube and so on, or failed to mention certain details of the process that are critical to avoid perforating his crop). LONG STORY SHORT, I have been helping my daughter take care of her chickens since March. Yet I am a PhD student and must go back to the UK soon. She has been putting her new baby in a stroller so she can help me tube feed the little roo twice daily, yet she cannot give him the care that he needs when I leave the US (tube feeding is a 2-person job and I will be gone). We would like to find him a good home in Florida. I will drive him pretty much anywhere in the state, yet you must be an experienced scissors beak chicken owner or have experience in carefully tube feeding a small chicken. If you do not want a single chicken, you could have his best friend Peach Fuzz. PF has slight scissors beak yet no issues eating and is a good little layer. She lays--at least every other day--a little bluish-green egg (see photo). They have had mostly organic feed since birth, are healthy, free of disease and started with medicated feed. They have also had some classical music played (a water-resistant player by the coop) and like to eat bugs and herbs (though Buckbeak cannot really get anything he does try). I have been feeding Buckbeak avian health shake or Exact with raw egg and water (no more unsweetened apple sauce per the vet) and use coconut oil on the tube. He will come with four new tubes/35 ml syringes (on way from Azon) and his special food powders, too (and can provide his vet record if needed). He has been in the house at times, with a chicken diaper when he was smaller, and will sit on your lap or in a lined rectangular basket (he and Peach Fuzz both will perch on a pet gate to roost together if they are in the house). Really hope someone can take this lovely little guy. I can't bear to think of his future if he does not find a good home. PS. They do not free-range here as we are by a large prairie with predators. Also, see the pictures for the egg PC laid today. Tried to get a good face shot of BB, his bottom beak part is entirely crossways, as his deformity is severe.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    573.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    819.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1006.JPG
    IMG_1006.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    851.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    855 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    875 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    841.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 11
Roosters name: River
Breed: Easter Egger
Size: Standard
About River: As far as I can tell River is just about the perfect Rooster, he just loves his ladies a little too much. Non-aggressive to humans, in fact he’s always been very respectful. He’s quick to alert the girls to potential threats, girls always get the treats first, etc.
I hate to re-home him but he’s just too rough on the girls. Wish he’d had an older rooster to teach him some manners, but these are my first chickens. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom