The rehoming a rooster thread

Pics
Location: Hanover, VA (willing to meet within a reasonable distance)
Roosters name: Flake and Tack
Breed: Buckeye and Salmon Faverolles (both pure breed)
These two have had a good life so far, but they are starting to fight too often and I have decided to only keep my hens for now.
They are healthy and beautiful... I will include pics if you send me a message.
Please let me know this week if you are interested!
Thank you!!

Rooster's name: Dottie
Breed: Cuckoo Marans

Dottie has been showing signs of being a rooster for many weeks now - large red comb and wattles, twice the size of my other birds from the same hatch date. I have not heard him/her crow yet so there's a very slim chance he/she could be a hen, but I doubt it.

Roosters are not allowed in the city I live in, so I really need to find a new home for Dottie before he/she starts crowing. Willing to deliver or meet halfway depending on the distance.

dottie.jpg

Rooster name: Sage
Breed: Blue Cochin (purebred)
Weight: 10 lbs?
Size: standard/large fowl
About rooster: Sage is just a big little man, a man in pants. We absolutely adore him! We've had him since he was about a week old. He is super docile and lets us just walk up to him and pick him up although he sometumes gives little pinches with his beak. And he is just 99% fluff. Unfortunately, he's been being a bit of a bully to a couple of the hens plus we already have 2 other roosters (one of which lives in a separate run/coop). I think if he had his own hens that he didn't have to share with another roo, he would do better. He would make a decent pet for an adult or older child. Currently, our only option for rehoming him is my mom's coworker's farm, but there he would be free ranging in a predator rich environment. I would rather he go somewhere he would be loved over a long life.
Photos:
0111211302_Film3.jpg
0111211304c_Film3.jpg

Name: Apollo
Breed: Welsummer
Size: Standard size
Weight: Unknown but he's a pretty big boy.
About Rooster: This handsome guy is a total ladies man. His ladies always come first. He enjoys foraging (or being given) treats to share with his hens. And it's nothing but the best, for his ladies. He's also made a really good dad too and always helps protect his momma hens and chicks. He's made some gorgeous babies with those hens too(one of his boys is with him in the 3rd pic, on the left). He's also made an excellent protector and quickly gets the girls to safety when I predator is near. Unfortunately, he's a little too good at his job, and likes to chase dogs, even when they pose no threat. Our dog does fine with him but he's also really big, runs really fast and is scared of him, so he knows to watch his back. However, our chickens free range and his dislike for dogs has become a problem for our neighbors pups so we've decided it would be best to rehome him. Please let me know if interested, he needs to go asap, preferably this week or we will have to look into other options.

Attachments

• 20210319_101007~2.jpg
    20210319_101007~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210312_140626~2.jpg
    20210312_140626~2.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210401_094817~2.jpg
    20210401_094817~2.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Name: Walter
Breed: Rhode Island Red
Size: Small
Weight: Unknown but small

About: Walter was found severely injured at a park, unable to eat on his own and covered in large wounds. It was either an attack from a dog or another rooster. He was hand fed for several weeks and given medication and has made a full recovery except in one eye and a few feather patches still growing back in. He does not peck or bite and loves to be picked up and held and carried around. He gets along with all other animals including the dog and cat. He is interactive with people and is a very low key and friendly rooster. He doesn't seem very savvy for the wild, so we would rather not return him to the park where he was found injured so thought we would try posting him here. Several posts from this site actually helped save him when it seemed like he may not make it.

Attachments

• IMG_4960.jpg
    IMG_4960.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 20
Name: Jack
Breed: Buff Orpington
Size: Large
Weight: Unknown

About: We thought he was "Rose" when we got it from the feed store, and raised him from day old. He just started crowing every morning, but not very loud. He is lovely, and should be an excellent add if your flock is missing a rooster. Please don't hesitate to message me and ask for more information!

Attachments

• tempImageBNEPCb.png
    tempImageBNEPCb.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 17
Name: Blue
Breed: Swedish Flower mix
Size: Large
Weight: Unknown but hefty

About: He’s a sweet boy, he will let you pick him up, and he was hand raised. I would love to keep him but we have too many roosters already. We can pick him up at Nikiski, Kenai, Soldotna, Sterling, or Homer.
image.jpg

Names: Clyde (black) “Ethel” (charcoal/light grey) Bert (mottled Grey)

Breed: Silkies

I brought home 5 one day old silkie chicks and four turned out to be beautiful cockerels. I can keep one but need to rehome the other three.

They are from Alchemist Farm and are lovely little guys. Please share if you think it’ll help us find good homes for them.
I live in North East San Diego County but I drive to West LA on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If you are in LA, Orange, Riverside or San Diego counties a meetup could work.

IMG_6520.heic
IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6525.jpeg

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

aa1b72b6-7be0-4792-a242-dacde0fc82fd-jpeg.2758189.jpg
4670E3E5-2C82-4048-858F-9F1315546B9F.jpeg

Name: Apollo
Breed: Welsummer
Size: Standard size
Weight: Unknown but he's a pretty big boy.
About Rooster: This handsome guy is a total ladies man. His ladies always come first. He enjoys foraging (or being given) treats to share with his hens. And it's nothing but the best, for his ladies. He's also made a really good dad too and always helps protect his momma hens and chicks. He's made some gorgeous babies with those hens too(one of his boys is with him in the 3rd pic, on the left). He's also made an excellent protector and quickly gets the girls to safety when I predator is near. Unfortunately, he's a little too good at his job, and likes to chase dogs, even when they pose no threat. Our dog does fine with him but he's also really big, runs really fast and is scared of him, so he knows to watch his back. However, our chickens free range and his dislike for dogs has become a problem for our neighbors pups so we've decided it would be best to rehome him. Please let me know if interested, he needs to go asap, preferably this week or we will have to look into other options.
Sounds like he worked himself right out of a good job! Hopefully someone who doesn't have dogs or pups will give this fella a good home!

Back
Top Bottom