The RIDE IS OVER...UPDATE post #172 + 195!!!! < GREAT news

the1much

Currently Birdless Hippy
11 Years
Jul 20, 2008
with maurice, the original space-cowboy
well,, since we have bought this house, there has been nothing but ca-ca from family, cause of course right after we bought it the in-laws started their divorce, the dad has Parkinsons, and they were about to loose this house ( 1 week from bank repo) so we bought it, ,, well,, now "dads" rich kids think we took advantage of his disease, and are claiming he was incompetent so they have a lawyer trying to get more money from us ( my buying price was the pay-off) and, his divorce lawyer wants me to pay them, HER divorce lawyer wants me to pay her, and she's getting a lawyer claiming she didnt want to sell, but her incompetent did without her knowledge,,,,,, me myself,, i would tell them all to * off,, and i wouldnt mind playing their game at all ( i love playing wif rich smat people
big_smile.png
) but,, thinking of the kids,, well,, they dont need this cr@p,, so today,, i started selling off my birds, and we're gonna be getting ready to move back to maine.
k,, my rant ova
wink.png

Last edited:
AWWWWWWWWWW Hippie Jim!!! I am so sorry!!!
Dang nab it! Greed will kill people. Don't they know they can't take it with them?!?!?!
You and Skand and the 2 beauties are in my thoughts... I hope hope hope that this isn't so!

That's horrible. I'm glad your taking the high road and thinking of the kids. It's easy to get pulled into the petty crud when it comes to family. Your being the big man and getting your kids outta here. Of course, your ARE leaving Texas, how unimaginable
wink.png

There has to be something you can do?? No other family member was willing to get it out of foreclosure. You did. It's legally yours. Stick to your guns! Either way, the kids are probably not going to be happy about it. KWIM? May as well dig in and stay put. If her name wasn't on the deed to the house, and Texas is a community property state(right?), then she would have had to sign away her rights to it. Otherwise, FIL couldn't have sold the house without her permission. Find that out, first, then go from there.

Keep us updated! We'll be thinking of you!

Shelly

1much and skand I am so sorry to hear this. It is bad enough that humans can treat each other so badly but when family does it, it hurts so much more. My heart breaks for you and your girls. Giving up your home and your birds.
sad.png
Please keep in touch with us if you can. We will miss you all if you don't.
hugs.gif
to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom