The roosters laid ANOTHER egg! EDIT!! Duck egg????

moenmitz

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Ok, so the turken hen that snuck in their was removed yesterday...yet today I find another egg!!! I swear these guys all have saddle feathers....well obviously NOT...but I THOUGHT they did!!

Last edited:
lau.gif
LOL, its always great to have rooster that lays eggs !!!!

Post a few pics maybe we can help you find your rooster/hen

Yes, I have special birds.....

DH and I just went out and examined all 24 roosters, one by one. We are no closer to knowing who is a hen. There IS one other possibility..I consider it remote, but since the boys really look like boys.....I have a pair of 5.5 month old Pekin ducks sharing the pen-I assumed it was a chicken egg, because it is rather smallish, and wouldn't a duck egg be huge? But, perhaps I should ask if maybe Pekin eggs are small when they first start laying? Now, the two I found yesterday were more of a very light pinkish brown-but this one today was white. White white. The large one yesterday was a double yolker, the other egg was smallish. All of my birds are supposed to be brown egg layers.....I have barred rocks, turkens, buff rocks, wyandottes, speckled sussex, white giants & partridge rocks in the rooster pen. Do any of the brown layers start with lighter colored eggs?

Also, the shell was REALLY thick- DH thought it was too thin at first, as the pink color made it appear almost translucent. But I had to whack it several times on the frying pan to crack it open-had a very solid thick membrane inside. Also, white was very thick, very clear (and I thought fresh eggs had a cloudy white! No0 chance these were not very fresh!) Anyway, including these details in case it points more in a duckish direction....

Back
Top Bottom