The Russian Invasion

Until I was given these I didn't know anything about them, I was told they are a meat breed but mine lay well and are fun to have around. Great at free ranging and easy going in the flock. My pictures don't do them justice, they are very pretty.

I'm curious; what color eggs do yours lay? I have a 26-week old pullet that I am waiting on to start laying. She looks just like your girls (spangled) and she is a beauty. Almost has a bird of prey look to her. Great personality, too, and not afraid of the older hens in the flock (but not a bully either).

Bird of prey is a good way to describe it, very striking looks. Mine a laying, medium light brown eggs. I'm definitely enjoying them, I love unique breeds.

Cool! What color do they lay? I love those faces. They're like a cross between some of my favorite breeds/mixes!
SS + EE.

A few weeks ago I was given a couple of Russian Orloffs. After their quarantine period they blended in with the Farm Yard Flock really well but up until today have been really shy. Today they discovered the feed room where lots of good oats and sunflower seed fall on the floor. Not so shy anymore. These are my first Orloffs, but they seem cool. Does anyone else raise them?
Lovely looking breed and so far, not too badly messed about with.

Back
Top Bottom