The saddest songs??

elliemb

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 22, 2007
My friends and I were talking about songs that are tear jerkers. My top 3 are I Just Wanna Go Home by Michael Buble, I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, and Yesterday by the Beatles!! Mmmm .... not even any country songs in that batch!!

I have a few...and yes, they are country/western. No, I don't like country/western songs but these tug at my heartstrings BIG TIME!
roll.png

In order of preference...

"Where've you been?" - Kathy Matea

"If you get there before I do." - Collin Raye

"P.S. This is Austin" - Brad Paisley

Gosh...now I wanna hear them!
hmm.png

Peace-

Pedro

PS I agree with "I'll always love you" but by Dolly Parton...IMHO.

Last edited:
hehe. i have a strange idea of what is sad... here my top few in no particular order

Pain- Three days grace
disposable teens- marilyn manson
hate me- blue october

Somebody's Hero by I dont know who.. LOL

Alysssa Lies

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Dont Say Goodbye, by Skillet

I Thought I Was Tough

etc etc I could go on for ages. All of these make me
hit.gif

I HATE that song about those dang Christmas Shoes. Gets me choked up every darn time I hear it - have to turn the radio.

My daughter cries every time she hears 'you are my sunshine'

It's funny because I used to sing that to her all the time when she was a baby. One day I sang the 'rest' of it - where he woke up and his arms were empty. Ever since then you can't even hum it without her getting tears in her eyes.

Of course if you are the little brother, you can't think of anything more fun than singing the song that makes your sis cry...

"If You're Reading This" - Tim McGraw. Have heard this song on the radio like, eleventythousand times, and absolutely choke up whenever it's on.

Quote:
Arlee...I tear up hearing this one too...my mom used to sing it to me whenever I was upset as a youngster, so it's a little bittersweet. BUT...my mom is the absolute greatest person in the whole wide world (IMO, anyway...I'm very biased), so I'm happy you posted this, since it makes me think about her even more!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom