The Scammers are at it again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whirlwind, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Check out this e-mail I got It says

Dear Farmers and Merchants customer
    You have 1 new Alert Message
    Please log in to your Chase Bank Account and verify your details. This line you click on!!!!!
    This really annoys me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ha I don't even have a Chase Account and if I did they would not have my e-mail address.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    the sad part is millions fall for this every year...

my bank sends me an e-mail and ALWAYS addresses me by name and they never ask me to log on it is a message to call the bank

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    MY mom got a few for a free car from ebay. She just has to give them here bank account to verify that its her. She emailed them back and never got an email from them again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i got one asking me to log into my bofa account, which i do have, but i thought it was fishy, so i called the REAl bank and asked. they said that sight steals your login and then steals your moo-la!!! i gave them a copy of the email and they handled it. at least I didnt fall for it!

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Yes it is sad they prey on people. The worst kind of predator Humans.

6. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    When I get any emails that "offer" or "notify" I immediately delete. If it was something valid or really important they would not send an email. They would send a certified letter via snail mail.

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    By way of a tip...if you DO get an email from a company that you are a customer of, that you aren't sure if it's legit (and 99.999 percent are NOT legit)

MOST companies have a 'report fraudlent email' link on their home page. I know BofA does and I forward any emails that a phishing ones to them when I get them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by