The Secret Life of My Flock

Your dog's house looks very cosy. I would choose to lay an egg in there 😆

😂 Yes the dog loves it all snug as a rug in there. I don’t know how she fits in though, she is a big dog.

Has Hay-Hay told Meg about the great new nesting spot? Or, is she keeping it to herself?

Hay-Hay has now shown Meg her new spot and I found both of them back in there chilling out!
Chickens crack me up 🤣!

Hay-Hay is so thoughtful!

Today, it was the war of the nest boxes. Bronwyn wanted to lay in her own coop, but Eleanor took the ONLY next box (there are 5) in the red coop that Bronywn likes. So she moved to the white coop -- where she claimed Audrey's box and Audrey complained LOUDLY for an hour.

Then, she decided to wedge herself into the box beside Bronwyn. Both laid eggs, but Camille -- who thought she would also fit -- climbed in, too but didn't lay. The funniest part was when one of Camille's coop mates, Marietta, decided to just perch on the edge of the nest box and watch the commotion!

Who needs television when you have chickens?

Ah yes the war of the nesting boxes. Back when I only had four chickens, I had a cardboard box on their platform that they laid in. But I have up on that when the rest began laying, there was constant arguments when they were all trying to lay at the same time. There was not enough space for me to put more boxes, so I took away the nesting box and covered the platform in hay, now they all (except for Hay-Hay and Meg 🙄) lay in little holes they dig in the hay. I was a little sceptical that they would lay with another chicken literally right next to them and being visable but they don’t seem to mind!

Oh my gosh, I wonder how long it has been since I last posted here! Too long! Sorry, I can't give you guys a run down right now of the past few weeks, I am just about to go to sleep. But if you are interested, I will give a flock update in the next few days, so look out for that! Again, sorry for not keeping up to date, you just get caught up sometimes! :oops: 😜

Also, I have mentioned everyone that has ever replied to this thread before because I am just experimenting with some stuff, sorry if it annoys you, I won't do it again I promise...
probably :oops:!

@Happy hen lover
@Winter Creek Coop
@ChloeSilkie08
@DustyDivas
@Es_In_Miami
@janiedoe
@ThatTeowonna
@Quail 66
@Callender Girl

Whoopsies I forgot again 😁! Anyway here is what has been going on:
- I have confirmed Cookie is a boy 😭 and I am just waiting for the day he crows and we have to send him away 😢😭😭😭.
- There was a huge thunderstorm and it scared the flock to pieces (and my dog 😆).
- I had to give Muffin (the white Silkie) a bath (sort of) because she fell in some mud and was very dirty.
- I think Meg is broody. I found her in the nesting box last night and again this morning. She is out and about right now but she seems very flustered and a little cranky and she keeps running back and forth from the coop to her favourite spot. Oh wait just as I am writing this she is hopping up the ladder to the nesting area. Yep definitely broody. She is also making those broody clucks.
- I caught Cookie and Meg fighting. I don’t think Meg is going to be very happy when Cookie becomes top dog (but only for a little while).
- Cookie was pecking Muffin 😬 he doesn’t really seem to get along with her as well as he does with Cupcake.
- And of course my baby Silkies are sooooo fluffy now!! Cupcake is the smallest but her head poof is the most poofiest. That girl is just fluff and bones even though I think she eats more than the other two!
- I gave them all some yogurt and they loved it. They got it all over themselves it was hilarious.
- Roxy and Comical tried to eat my foot. They spent about 10 minutes pecking at my toes while I just stood there looking at them.
- Hay-Hay continued to lay in my dog’s house up until about a week ago when she finally decided that the nesting area was a good place to lay.

I am sure there is more than just this but I can’t remember any more right now.

I will post some pics soon!

Some pics like promised:
FB17E492-EBC7-4427-83F5-5EBBFEB264B7.jpeg

Lj chillaxing in the sun.
ABAF43AC-6FF3-47F6-A1DB-9D2A5E1D9D0F.jpeg
C721EDA3-DC9F-4A7B-95E3-6388FF9026BA.jpeg

5A52DCAF-743C-4770-9763-9E974E4C87AC.jpeg

Curious Cookie
759F06A8-E651-4707-AD7E-8A4BFF5E6431.jpeg

Roxy growling at me when she was trying to lay an egg.
22B49C15-2782-4B76-8833-19B9B0A283E9.jpeg

Aj and Comical eating some food scraps
A6994EB6-0A37-493A-9925-F2F55CBCCC58.jpeg

Cookie looking a bit cranky. And Cupcake on the right photobombing.
BDAF7286-DDDD-40D8-B71A-2A710BECECA3.jpeg

My little broody baby Meggity eggity.
3D226441-122A-4FF9-9BB6-B2DAC254963E.jpeg

Comical enjoying some yogurt.
F9BC5736-5C8D-4C43-9DAC-86A45B472EF6.jpeg
83E5AB80-A355-461A-BC28-A62B2DA4D41E.jpeg
765F6880-D0B5-4E8D-A5E3-4E2A602922D4.jpeg
694A422C-FE91-4CF9-805F-3F2785341EEC.jpeg

And more
66B1B9C4-776E-42F1-9397-6E23FC87291B.jpeg
D6037B82-3F01-4001-9CDC-27FC40AD2265.jpeg

They're all lovely, but Cookie is so adorable! I don't know how you will be able to give him up. Although I certainly understand why.

Thanks for the update. I always enjoy hearing about and seeing their antics.

They're all lovely, but Cookie is so adorable! I don't know how you will be able to give him up. Although I certainly understand why.

Thanks for the update. I always enjoy hearing about and seeing their antics.
He’s so cute he is so so so fluffy! I know! It is going to be so sad there will be lots of tears I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but I have to we can’t have roosters in the area we live so I have no choice. 😭😭😭

They look healthy and happy! 🐔🐔🐔

Great because happy and healthy is all I want my flock to be!

Back
Top Bottom