The Shelly and Kevin Thread

Pics
Thank you! They are my special girls. Yes, they are. Shelly has been laying for a while now, and Kevin just started laying recently.
Oh yay for Miss Kevin! :wee🥚 First eggs are always fun!
I had a very special chicken once too. She was crippled though instead of a crossbeak. She sadly passed away in my arms after fighting for almost a year.

Whew, quite a bit has happened, and I’ve been so busy lately, so I haven’t been able to update as much, but I have one now-

The Polish/crossbeaks have welcomed a new member into their flock! It is.....Gus! They have all been working on accepting him, and it’s going good so far. He originally lived in the other coop, but he got kicked out and beat up by our other rooster, Blue. He really likes Kevin and Shelly (he likes Kevin best), but they don’t let him get anywhere near them. Luckily, he is patient and kind, and he is fine with waiting for them. We’ll also be getting fertile Polish eggs! They will be mixes, but I think it’ll still be cool to try to hatch some out.

Kevin’s eggs are no longer bloody, and she is an expert layer! I’m so happy that it has gotten easier for her, and her eggs look so much like a Cream Legbar’s that I’m thinking she may be a pure CCLB....

Pictures of Gus and Mossy (his girlfriend who moved in with him):
73B3AC68-F50B-4448-A481-2159CBE67F05.jpeg

179C6989-0673-4522-AADD-F2388CF68064.jpeg

B48A29C7-5B88-4220-B2D3-AB55484526F8.jpeg

Whew, quite a bit has happened, and I’ve been so busy lately, so I haven’t been able to update as much, but I have one now-

The Polish/crossbeaks have welcomed a new member into their flock! It is.....Gus! They have all been working on accepting him, and it’s going good so far. He originally lived in the other coop, but he got kicked out and beat up by our other rooster, Blue. He really likes Kevin and Shelly (he likes Kevin best), but they don’t let him get anywhere near them. Luckily, he is patient and kind, and he is fine with waiting for them. We’ll also be getting fertile Polish eggs! They will be mixes, but I think it’ll still be cool to try to hatch some out.

Kevin’s eggs are no longer bloody, and she is an expert layer! I’m so happy that it has gotten easier for her, and her eggs look so much like a Cream Legbar’s that I’m thinking she may be a pure CCLB....

View attachment 3030004
View attachment 3030005
View attachment 3030008
Awwwwww he's adorable:love

View attachment 3030004
View attachment 3030005
View attachment 3030008
Welcome to the coop Gus and Mossy!

View attachment 3030004
View attachment 3030005
View attachment 3030008
Aww!!! Congratulations! They'll do so well!

I do want to warn you on something though. Crossbeak can be genetic. I wouldn't breed any hen that could possibly have a genetic crossbeak. ;)

Aww!!! Congratulations! They'll do so well!

I do want to warn you on something though. Crossbeak can be genetic. I wouldn't breed any hen that could possibly have a genetic crossbeak. ;)
Thank you!

Oh, yes, I know. I won’t ever hatch Shelly’s or Kevy’s eggs (no matter how much I want to😢). It’s a sacrifice that I knew I would have to take by keeping my girlies.

Today was beak trimming day! I trimmed all three beaks. Shelly’s needs trimmed every 3-4 weeks because she’s good at grinding it herself, Kevin’s needs trimmed every 1-3 weeks, usually just the top beak, because she has a hard time with hers, and Booboo’s is all over the place.

Here is an adorable picture I got today-
445BD08A-FF86-40A9-AD8E-56E07A036055.jpeg

Today was beak trimming day! I trimmed all three beaks. Shelly’s needs trimmed every 3-4 weeks because she’s good at grinding it herself, Kevin’s needs trimmed every 1-3 weeks, usually just the top beak, because she has a hard time with hers, and Booboo’s is all over the place.

Here is an adorable picture I got today-
View attachment 3042696
Awwwwww Kevin is so cute I'm coming to get her with me the werewolf!

Back
Top Bottom