The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Yep I only have a leghorn and her the Leghorn lays White eggs she lays the brown those were the only two chickens in the coop until this weekend. Defiantly see where you would say that though

Thank you very much i was hoping that because they were straight run and we wanted all pullets. If this is true then the sexing method of holding them up by the scruff of their neck works. If the chicks let their legs hang they are pullets if they pull them up they are roos

Bamachicks8
That is the largest comb and wattles that I ever saw on a SLW that is supposed to be a pullet or a hen. Unless I saw the egg come out I would think that is a young cockerel, but we will have to take your word for it that she is a hen.
Kurt

I have seen combs on a hen like that. It happens when you have hatchery bird (straight comb) and cross it with a good quality rose comb bird. It comes out looking like a strawberry comb.

Beautiful chickens. I am just hoping some of mine survive. The arrived with problems and I am not sure we have overcome them as yet. I will be ordering more of the SLW's from a different hatchery I will have these in my coop if at all possible. I love what someone was saying about them being talkers. Mine so far are not, but I enjoy when my chickens talk to me. Why not, I talk to them enough.

I see posts in the forums that McMurray doesn't have very good Wyandottes. I made a spur-of-the-moment SLW purchase of a three day old supposed pullet.

Does anybody have info about the SLW's from Ideal hatchery?

The feed store had quite a variety from Ideal, and some turkeys. Boss Brothers in Loganville, Ga.

This is my Silver Laced Wyandotte, Belle.
big_smile.png

Sorry... She's always out of focus!
And if your wondering why the rooster in the back looks so sick, it's because he was sick and sadly passed away.
hit.gif
)

(The black chick is her when she was small.
jumpy.gif
)

I don't have very good photos at the moment but hopefully I will go outside with my camera soon!

Back
Top Bottom