The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Does anyone have contact info for Jerry Foley? Does he still have SL Wyandottes? I am hoping to get a SQ Breeding pair or trio maybe even chicks depending on what is available. Anyone else that might have what I am looking for?

Dan

Does anyone have contact info for Jerry Foley? Does he still have SL Wyandottes? I am hoping to get a SQ Breeding pair or trio maybe even chicks depending on what is available. Anyone else that might have what I am looking for?

Dan
foleyswaterfowl.com

I had emailed him a couple of days ago to the email listed on the website. If there is a phone number I have missed it every time I have looked for it. Hopefully he will email me back. I know some people take a few days to get an answer from.

Dan

I had emailed him a couple of days ago to the email listed on the website. If there is a phone number I have missed it every time I have looked for it. Hopefully he will email me back. I know some people take a few days to get an answer from.

Dan

He probably won't have much available since he is only breeding for himself this year. I waited over 2 weeks before I got an email reply last year. Expect a decent wait for a reply.

He probably won't have much available since he is only breeding for himself this year. I waited over 2 weeks before I got an email reply last year. Expect a decent wait for a reply.

Any where else I could get a start with SQ SL Wyandottes?

Dan

Any where else I could get a start with SQ SL Wyandottes?

Dan

Check out the Wyandotte Breeders Directory 2013. It has pretty much all of the wyandotte breeders on BYC.

**Note that Rattlesnake Ridge no longer breeds SLW he is focusing on his Black and Blue austrolorp projects. I took over his flock.

Is fertility a problem with the Silver Laced Wyandottes? Or no more than any other breed?

Dan

Is fertility a problem with the Silver Laced Wyandottes? Or no more than any other breed?

Dan
Fertility can be a problem with Silver Laced Wyandottes as they have a rose comb. It has been found that breeds which have a rose comb are often less fertile than a breed with a standard single comb. I breed SLW's and to ensure good fertility for my hatching eggs I usually keep 1 cockerel with 4 hens, rather than 1 cockerel to 8 hens ( which is what I do for the other breeds like Welsummers and Crested Cream Legbars)

Hope this helped :)

Fertility can be a problem with Silver Laced Wyandottes as they have a rose comb. It has been found that breeds which have a rose comb are often less fertile than a breed with a standard single comb. I breed SLW's and to ensure good fertility for my hatching eggs I usually keep 1 cockerel with 4 hens, rather than 1 cockerel to 8 hens ( which is what I do for the other breeds like Welsummers and Crested Cream Legbars)

Hope this helped :)

Thanks for the info! Any others want to add anything I'd Love to read it.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom