The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cuntryuppiechick, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Scott H

Scott H Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Twin Lakes, ID
    My Coop
    Are they on your computer? then just click on the little picture icon...select upload....then go to the file picture you want to upload and select.

2. chrispbrown27

chrispbrown27 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2013
    I had to put up a picture of my SLW. As soon as I saw the breed I knew I wanted one, but also wanted a few other breeds. Now I have decided that I am going to stick with SLW's and going to try cross breeding with my egyptian fayoumi roo to see what comes out.
    [​IMG]
    Since this picture she has developed better coloration. I will try to get new pictures of her soon.
    [​IMG]
    This is Mr. Roo my egyptian fayoumi roo. Again, his coloration has filled in since this picture as well as his comb is much larger. I think that cross breeding them will produce a beautiful bird, but I am unsure what, if anything, they will be best for.....eggs, meat, or just looking at. If I could get the outward looks of both and keep the body size and laying ability of the SLW I would be happy, but we shall see.
    By the way, my SLW Lacey seems to be the second in command in the pecking order just behind Jeannie one of my buff orps....NO ONE messes with Jeannie!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  3. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I'm a " baby boomer" with an I pad. I have to rely on my daughter to upload pics from her computer. We took some pics today of my blrw, will see what we can do.

4. wookoo

wookoo New Egg

Jul 13, 2013
    I hope it's ok for my 1st post here...I will give a more detailed intro in the member introductions hopefully soon, but first I am hoping someone can confirm if this is a roo. It is about 4 months old. I've did the research.....saddle feathers, etc but I still don't know. It is the most vocal of the bunch...but has not done the full blown doodle doo. Hoping it's not a roo. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

5. dracoe19

dracoe19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Rooster

6. wookoo

wookoo New Egg

Jul 13, 2013
    Thanks dracoe.

7. quailtrail

quailtrail Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Poland Maine
    I am getting a few SLW in a few weeks!!!! I am soooo excited! !!!

8. kaybee123

kaybee123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm attempting to hatch some from shipped eggs right now. Seven are developing out of 11 shipped eggs that traveled from CA to FL.

9. HenDaddy

HenDaddy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2012
    Dayton, Texas
    Hello everyone!! I am thinking about getting into SLW but haven't completely made up my mind. I recently lost my entire flock I bought directly from Jerry Foley. They were absolutely gorgeous!! Almost laying age. After looking at many pictures I have fell in love with SLW. Does anyone know or have really good quality stock I could get some chicks from?? Thanks everyone, Tyler.

10. Wyandotte103

Wyandotte103 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    My henhouse
    I think I speak for everyone when I ask,"How did you lose your flock?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by