The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Chick lovers,

He appears to be silver penciled. I strongly suspect he has dark brahma in him, noting the color pattern and foot feathers.

Chris

Last edited:
Mine are now 3 weeks old and enjoying spending time outdoors daily. One of the perks of living in S. Florida. Any guesses on sex? One is much lighter and has been since when I got them at 3 days old. I assume that one is a roo. He also has a very bright orange comb and thicker legs compared to the others. He catches a moth about halfway through the video.

Last edited:
Finally got some updated photos of my wyandottes! :)
I'm planning on keeping the girl on the left and the two in the top right. The girl on the right does not have the preferred feather shape on some parts of her body but her other positive features are to good to pass over.

My new flock that I recently purchased from RattlesnakeRidgeWV.

Pullets I am planning on keeping ( top right same as photo #1). Pullet on the bottom has very good feather shape.

Pullet #2 tail. (pullet on bottom in 3rd picture)

Another picture of the first pullet pictured.

Pullet #3 that I am keeping. Also has very nice feather shape. Hoping to breed for a bit thicker lacing.

More pictures of the new flock.

More new flock pictures.

New flocks coop and pen.

Picture of pullet #3

My original SL wyandotte flock dust bathing. The cockerel on the right is My rooster, Copernicus, son. He actually moved himself into the pen with his dad with no issues! So far good coloring on him but need to wait some more. His tail is a bit big but hopefully he will grow into it.

Last edited:
Mine are now 3 weeks old and enjoying spending time outdoors daily. One of the perks of living in S. Florida. Any guesses on sex? One is much lighter and has been since when I got them at 3 days old. I assume that one is a roo. He also has a very bright orange comb and thicker legs compared to the others. He catches a moth about halfway through the video.
Not really positive on sex... Looks like all pullets but a close picture of their heads would be better to determine.

Back
Top Bottom