The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
SLW are suppose to be able to be feather sexed. Only for day 1-3. Some argue that only hatchery SLW can be feather sexed. Go to U tube and watch "sexing chicks" (a dirty job) from hatchery. It is very interesting.

SLW are suppose to be able to be feather sexed.  Only for day 1-3.  Some argue that only hatchery SLW can be feather sexed.  Go to U tube and watch "sexing chicks"   (a dirty job) from hatchery.  It is very interesting.

With the few that I've hatched feather sexing hasn't worked. They are not from a hatchery, tho.

I have 2 silver laced wyandottes, one came from a hatchery, and one came from a private breeder. Which is which, I'm not sure, they were identical as chicks, but now look different. Both pullets, I am sure. I have two blue laced reds they are cockerels so I have something to compare to.
I am looking for names for the two also. One is lighter in the head, and one is darker, I'd like names that coincide with that so I call tell then apart.

This its the darker of the two.

And this is the lighter of the two.

Please, name these chickens!

It sounds like the typically start laying around 4 months. Mine is still young so I don't have experience yet, but that's what I keep hearing.

I've enjoying this thread! I just finished reading all 70 pages (over the past several weeks:) There's a lot of great info from you veteran SLW people...thank you! I got on to see if I could find pictures of people's SLW at different stages of growing so I could see how their coloring changed. Mine is about 9 weeks so still in that ugly stage. It's nice to see that others looked the same and grew up to be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom