The snow melted and I found....

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Skidway Lake, MI
All the stuff to build one more coop! DH will be gone for the day and it is going to be nice outside. So here's the plan: I have four pallats, one good window, three sets of hinges, slat wood, two pressure treated 2x4's, a box of drywall screws, a box of finish nails and two pieces of tin roofing. I need advice on how to cut tin and a sitter for the 18mo old daughter because she likes to help a little too much. I think I can find a closet for the kid (just joking), but can anyone tell me how to cut tin roofing? I want it done before husband comes home and tries to help because, well it's his piece of tin.

Thanks....I have metal blades that came with the jigsaw that I never used because I am always cutting wood. {Insert Homer Simpson sound here} I was picturing myself trying to use the tinsnips and I know I don't have the hand strength to do that for more than a foot. Wow...I'm halfway to done.

Quote:
We do that sometimes, too. Especially for ProPanel (heavy sheeting for roofing)
smile.png
But I personally think for lighter metal the jig saw is easiest to use.

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

Quote:
Are you serious?! Does that really work?

Yes, but if you are doing a lot of cutting it wrecks the blade.

Edit: when I say a lot I mean hundreds of cuts.... It is the way we always have cut metal roofing. Usually we don't have an abrasive metal blade around so we just spin the wood blade backwards and set the cut shallow​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom