The Specific Age

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Hello everyone!
smile.png

I have recently been asked to raise baby chicks for a client and I would like to know what age chickens have all their feathers grown out?because that's the age I'm growing them to!Thanks for the help!

That's kind of a random quantifier and can vary widely, esp depending on how you define "all their feathers grown out" (does that mean fully out of chick fuzz or fully feathered adult?). If they want them coop ready, that's probably somewhere between 8 weeks and 16 weeks depending on the breed, sex, and the kind of weather they will have to deal with.

That's kind of a random quantifier and can vary widely, esp depending on how you define "all their feathers grown out" (does that mean fully out of chick fuzz or fully feathered adult?). If they want them coop ready, that's probably somewhere between 8 weeks and 16 weeks depending on the breed, sex, and the kind of weather they will have to deal with.

Yeah sorry I guess that is a little random!
hmm.png
I mean when they are past the gangly stage have their adult feather's but aren't laying yet age!wow that was a mouthful....I don't know the detail's of my order yet(like the breed,etc.) I just need an approximate idea of how long I can keep them cause I can't keep them with my adults.so they have limited time with me age wise.

Well POL is usually somewhere around 16-20 weeks depending on the breed, so you'd probably be looking at 14-16 weeks.

After looking at the different posts on here I think 8 weeks is okay!I just need coop ready!Thanks for the help HighStreetCoop!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom