The start of our new chicken coop and run!!!

It's coming right along! Going to be a super coop!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks!!!!! We got lots more done yesterday! We have finished all 4 walls!!!! Here is more pics!

Here are some more pics of our almost finished coop! I've gotta get more, becasue the fence and top are finished now. All we have to do is build the roost and move our nest boxes in and the food and water and I will have some very happy chickens!

I LOVE the reclaimed lumber!! That is so my style. We just put up a coop also, though ours has to be off the ground due to our wet nature up here. I forgot to take pics while we were building it, but we used all materials that we had on hand and it cost us $0 to build, just have to get some roofing. We had roofing felt on hand, but need to get shingles for it still. It just has plywood sides, so it is not quite as cool looking as yours.I am going to use some 1x2 strips to give it some dimension, kind of like you see on old barns sometimes. I am going to build a run, but for now I will use our dog's old kennel that she doesn't use anymore. That way I can build the run a little at a time.

Your coop looks great. Good job!!

My husband got off work early yesterday and finished the roost, and we got everything moved, including the chickens! Corn works wonders to get them to go where you want them!!!!!!We built it on a higher part of the property so that water won't just sit there in the coop

Thank you! That's for sure! We left a gap at the top of the wall for ventilation, we will also add a partial door, to help to keep the wind off of them! Here is a couple of pics of them in their new coop after dark, and my son petting one

Great looking group of birds as well as your boy! You will be getting a dozen eggs a day from that group! We often have 8 or 9 dozen in the fridge and my wife seems to always find people at her work place to buy a dozen.

Nice set-up! Living up north, my high up vents need hinged flaps with the ability to close off the ones upstream of snow storms. If they were open then we would have 2 ft. snow drifts in the coop!

yippiechickie.gif

Thank you! We got 16 eggs in one day one time! I usually get about 12 or 13 eggs a day though. I usually have alot in my fridge, but we have been giving alot of eggs to a friend that let us get all that wood that we reused! It hasn't snowed where I live and stuck since 1989, I was 6 yrs old! I so wish it would snow! I would be like a kid out there making snowmen and snowangels!!! LOL!!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom