The Story of a Broody LEGHORN!

This is great. Thank you for posting. I have been searching for weeks on broody white Leghorns and couldn’t find anything. Mine went broody with sitting on 8 eggs. They started hatching this morning. So exciting.

Here is my girl and her first baby that has hatched.
9080F44D-E220-4B91-B58C-149CAA3E2DAE.jpeg

This has been such a great experience, I feel left out because I haven't had a Broody in 20 years they, to my amazement are eating and learned how to drink from the mom so adorable the last two eggs were washouts but that's fine because Lucky Number 7 are alive

Congrats!!

Here is my girl and her first baby that has hatched.View attachment 2357475
How is your girl doing???...mines a great momma...showed them how to eat and drink... I even let them venture out for 10 minutes but she didn't take them very far I'm sure you know but after they hatch.. make sure you take them out of the crate so they could come and go to their food and water as a please lol...

How is your girl doing???...mines a great momma...showed them how to eat and drink... I even let them venture out for 10 minutes but she didn't take them very far I'm sure you know but after they hatch.. make sure you take them out of the crate so they could come and go to their food and water as a please lol...
Mine are great. She’s an awesome mama. She had 6 out of 8 hatch. We separated them from the other hens and gave them their own area.

Back
Top Bottom