the sultan thread

[/IMG]
First morning in the sunshine - these pics were taken Thursday morning.

This is my starter flock. I have been blessed with 5 hens and one Rooster. Hopefully this time next year lots of chicks. I want to see this breed come back from the critical endangered list. They are so tame and friendly.

This is our Lil Rooster at 6 Weeks.

Just one of my hens. Uno she is such a delight.

Last edited:
This is my starter flock. I have been blessed with 5 hens and one Rooster. Hopefully this time next year lots of chicks. I want to see this breed come back from the critical endangered list. They are so tame and friendly. This is our Lil Rooster at 6 Weeks. Just one of my hens. Uno she is such a delight.
I'm with you! I just got my sweet Sultans a little over a month ago and I can't imagine not having them. We bought one rooster and one hen, she has a leg issue but is getting around very nicely, and we also got two babies. Not sure what the babies are yet, but they are soo sweet! We also have hatched out 3 more already! They are about a month old and very funny to watch. We also have some rare ducks too. Not that I don't like the pretty looks of some of the mixed breeds, I just feel like we are losing what some of these beautiful breeds were originaly looked like and how they act. I love our Sultans!

Haven't posted for awhile - having too much fun with our Sultan family. My grand daughter named the new Roos Frosting & Cupcake, I named the pullet Cream Puff & Mavis seems to enjoy her new pals. Here's Frosting enjoying a woodsy exploration:)

I have a couple of sultan babies and was wondering when I should introduce them to my rooster and hen. Rooster and hen are the parents and the babies are about 2 months old. My concern is that they haven't seen each other and I don't want any of them to get hurt, my hen does have a leg issue that makes it hard for her to run if she needs to. Maybe I'll just keep them separate and have two coops of Sultans...

Last edited:
Hi

Why did you separate them in the first place? I am asking because I am new at having chickens and I too have sultans 3 months old and when it comes time to having chicks I want to know what to do?

Thank you.

Hi

Why did you separate them in the first place? I am asking because I am new at having chickens and I too have sultans 3 months old and when it comes time to having chicks I want to know what to do?

Thank you.

They were all ready separated when I bought them. I know that Sultans are not the mothering type.

Back
Top Bottom