I've posted some pictures of pieces of our "super coop" but I thought I'd create a real "build" thread and go over some of the challenges/successes for anyone that is interested. First off, we got our first 3 chickens back in May and purchased a little coop (referred to from hence forth as "the little coop") from TSC. $200 I figured it would be fine. This picture is just after we assembled it. The hardware cloth seemed flimsy and my wife could poke her finger through the corners and was not happy with the security. So I got "real" hardware cloth and did the screw/washer treatment. Much safer. Plus you can see we put it on 2x4s and used staples and landscape staples to attach chicken wire to wood/dirt. Now this coop was advertised to be big enough for 5-8 chickens. It's not. My wife convinced me we need a new bigger coop. So began the journey of building the "Super Coop" it's 6'x10' with a 8' 3" x 12' roof (yes 8' 3" more on that later but you savvy ones probably already know why) We picked a location in amongst our semi shaded/wooded area that gets plenty of good morning sun. Now this area slopes a bit and is REALLY rooty. I decided to go with the flow and get it flat but not level, so the coop is built with the slope, as in the base slopes about 7 inches. Basically, the coop is slightly wedge shaped. Everything else is level, just the bottom slopes. Got the area generally cleared and ready for the blocks. Due to aforementioned roots, this took 1/2 a day. There are pavers vertically underneath the flat ones...like others have done, I just don't have pictures of that.