The Sussex thread!

I love the Speckled Sussex Breed the best. I whited to buy them this year but no one had any this year so next spring I will get some girls. I had one of the SS 20 years ago and loved her till I had to get rid of her to go to school. I wanted chickens but couldn't have any till this year. I wanted the SS but they didn't have any at the feed store this year. So I got a different breed this year.

I love the Speckled Sussex Breed the best. I whited to buy them this year but no one had any this year so next spring I will get some girls. I had one of the SS 20 years ago and loved her till I had to get rid of her to go to school. I wanted chickens but couldn't have any till this year. I wanted the SS but they didn't have any at the feed store this year. So I got a different breed this year.
This Fall would b a good time to pick up some started birds when the breeders downsize their flocks for overwintering. Once they pick out their keepers there will be a nice crop of started birds to chose from nationwide. With the Avian flu outbreak, I wouldn't be surprised if there are problems shipping started birds across state lines by then. So find some Speckled Sussex breeders near you . There is a parent Club with a breeder's' directory and several active Speckled Sussex threads here on BYC. This year especially, some of the breeders, including myself, have very late breeding seasons because the birds took time to recover from the bitter winter. If you buy from a breeder, your Speckled Sussex will be much prettier. That color is very difficult to breed correctly and just stunning when it is done right.
Best Regards, Where are you located? I may know someone near you.
Karen

Last edited:
Dorothy
11215713_10202809677362658_9013079363769070334_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom