The Sussex thread!

Pics
Well my WS egg didnt hatch but luckily i did have 15 baby chicks hatch
big_smile.png

I love everyones birds and once i get more room i am definatly getting some sussex!

I would be interested in the answer re: standard Speckled Sussex. I have not seen any that look like the pic in the SOP - I like them no matter what, but is anyone breeding toward the standard?

I am also interested in finding some speckled variety birds that are to the SOP. I have a few birds from a hatchery and seeing those gorgeous light sussex, my birds are small and nowhere close. Maybe 3 lbs as adults. Completely disappointing.

I went to the New England poultry congress and the two SS hens there were small, poor combs and the dreaded crooked toes.

I want the speckled variety to form the basis of my farmstead flock, so I need a true dual purpose size.

Any leads?
wink.png

Thanks Jane! I think she is laying (I only have the one hen) I always get Roos! I just ordered a gamespy cam because I can never catch the girls in the nests.
She is 23 weeks old this Wednesday. So
fl.gif

It is hard to believe that the ones I hatched of yours are already 4 weeks old. They are getting their colors now and are so cute.

Back
Top Bottom