THE SWAP THREAD "APRIL"

Quote:
Like what?

They asked for:

White langshan, sumatra, guineas turkey eggs, d'uccle, ameraucana, or polish

I only have:

Golden Laced Cochins (which have stopped laying for right now) and Light Brahmas. Both are standard breeds. I also have Muscovy ducks.....

I got an e-mail...now, I'm just trying to figure out what to ship?? The person I'm partnered with has requested a bunch of breeds I don't own....???

So just send what you do have - we weren't supposed to request specific breeds were we?
hu.gif

I agree you are not suppose to request a breed. You are only suppose to request large or bantam and pure or mixed. I would send what I had and they can deal with it.

People really need to read the rules before they decide to do the swap!!

Quote:
So just send what you do have - we weren't supposed to request specific breeds were we?

I'm not sure?
hu.gif

I did--but only because I have ONE coop & I don't want to mix my chicken breeds (I sell purebred hatching eggs & chicks)...and I don't have any room for anything other than what I already have.....

I think the rules from the beginning was that if you joined, you agreed to take what was sent as far as breeds. You could only pick the LF or bantam and whether you wanted purebred or mixed. You were not paired up with someone by breed and that person does not have what you want. So that could be a problem.

Marie

Quote:
yeah, I mean...I just requested those, but I realized that it may not mean I end up with those specific breeds. I just like hatching them--so more than likely, I'll just sell them after they hatch, anyway. I just thought it would be fun... but I sort of panicked when I got the email wanting breeds I don't even own!
idunno.gif

It was in the rules fo the swap not to request certain breeds!

Here its in the very first post!
~
BYC Name
Real Name
Address
Phone #
Have
Want

Please choose from the following categories
You can NOT pick a certain breed just:

Large Fowl Pure
Large Fowl Mix
Bantam Pure
Bantam Mix
Waterfowl
Other
*Anything

Quote:
I know! I can always hope, right?

I just thought it was odd that someone would contact me for specific breeds that I don't even own!
smile.png
But now that I know, I'll take what I get & I'll just sell them.
smile.png
I think I asked for specific breeds but ended up sending another email that I just wanted large purebreds...

But as for the other person (the one I'm sending eggs to)--I just wanted to make sure I can send them whatever I have at shipping time & I won't get in trouble because I don't have the breeds they asked for (or anything even close to that!)

If we got an email with the person's name,address and phone#, does that mean they have our name too? Or is this a swap where I get someone's name and someone different gets' my name and so on? Does anyone ever call the person they have to send eggs to? Can you tell its my first swap?
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom