THE SWAP THREAD "APRIL"

Quote:
YEAH! That HAS to be me!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Sorry it's not you Sharon.
th.gif

Awww crud I bet it's Margaret! LOL She's the only other person in Va I know participating. So I still don't know who is sending me waterfowl.
tongue.png

My eggs arrived today! All arrived safe and sound though some look a little porous and a couple had some poop on them. I am so excited they will be going into the bator this evening.

I am so proud of myself I had the bator empty for a whole day!

I wouldn't worry about the poop.... a chicken nest is far from clean when a hen is sitting broody for 3 wks. Most folks believe washing hatching eggs is a big no-no as it removes the "bloom" which lets bacteria inside the shell easier....

Best of luck with a great hatch !!

Julie
big_smile.png

S n M
I'm a teacher and just got home from work and found a box...of eggs! Completely unexpected! You were very generous to send 8, I have 3 that are ready to go and others that I can send but I'm not sure if it's safe to send them because they're already developing inside their shells. I read this thread just now and was laughing because I didn't realize the angst that so many people were going through. I emailed you with my number. Call me and let me know what you think. Your eggs arrived cross country in one day (packed very nicely)! The funniest thing is that I saw some of the eggs (never having hatched anything before) and said to myself, "Hmm...these look kind of familiar...I wonder if all banty eggs look like mine!"
Suzy

Back
Top Bottom