The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Quote:
Wow, VERY beautiful! I can't wait to see how she, and the others, look full grown!!
big_smile.png

A brief photo update on some of my Tetra Tints..... More photos coming soon, I hope! lol

T103Tet1.jpg

They are loving the chance to roost. lol
I moved all the chicks (except for the bantams and 2 tiny production reds) into a tall, multi-level cage I used when I had ferrets.
They are loving it. I keep the heat lamp at the bottom, and most of the younger birds hang down there most often, so it works! lol

104.jpg

My four older Tetra Tints, and one of the reds (Golden Comet?)..

Has anyone else noticed the Tetra Tint's eye color? Mine seem to have kinda green eyes. Pretty!
smile.png

love.gif

Well we are officially proud new parents of 3 tetras and 3 Golden Laced Wyandotts as of Monday night.
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
They are doing well and will post pics when I get up in the AM... Very sweet... though I'm finding a little bit of aggression from one of the Wyandotts...could that be a sign of a Roo? or just a bossy gal establishing "pecking order" already. The tetras are 1 week old and the Wyandotts 3 days old. Looking for RI Reds before it's all over Hoping to find them next week.

Couldn't believe how receptive Hubby was...he is actually getting into the coop design and we seem to be on the same wave length as to how we want to do it. Already have our theme for the coop and will be looking forward to getting it started once the weather breaks.

I too am very interested to see what the Tetras will turn out to be. They are very sweet in nature, curious and adapting well. We'll see what these Wyandotts do...don't know much about their breed but learning. ANy info is helful
wink.png

FYI The local TSC manager told me the Tetra tints come to them advertised as pullets, but the hatchery puts an artificial black spot on the males to tell them apart. So if you bought a pullet with a black spot, you'v been misled. Just sayin.

Quote:
I got one of the ones with a black spot on the head, but she is now 6 weeks old and still has the black spot on her head (feathers are black) plus a few on her body. She looks like a girl to me so
hu.gif

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if the TSC employee was confused, or he got the wrong info from a Mt Healthy Hatchery employee? I didn't buy any, but good luck with yours.
tongue.png

No.. lol Well, I don't know. But I do know what having a black spot doesn't mean they are male.
I bought one with black spots, and they are growing into black feathers. So, nope, not artificial! lol
smile.png

I don't think they get males in of the Tetra Tint breed, that i've seen.
smile.png

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom