The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
http://www.mthealthy.com/product/TT-p

Tetra Tints

A light weight bird which is mostly white with at times some brown or even black highlights. The Tretra Tint is a cross between a Rhode Island Red male and a White leghorn female, producing cream colored or "tinted" eggs. She is an excellent producer and adapts well to backyards environments. Healthy Hatcheries is the only mail order hatchery in the U.S. to order this variety

Wondering if my chicken could be a tetra tint? Is it a hen or rooster?
It is 5.5 weeks old

It is very friendly and run to me to pet it whenever I am doing any kind of work in the tractor.
Thanks for looking.

i cant say for sure...but it looks like she could be a tetra tint to me!!!.....and i think she looks like a girl!

i cant say for sure...but it looks like she could be a tetra tint to me!!!.....and i think she looks like a girl!
Thank you! Someone gave me these 4 day old chicks and I am really trying to do the best by them, just would kinda like to know what I have. I thought this was a roo, but comb is not reddening and then I found the Tetra Tint, and she was very white then started getting kinda a clay tint and the random black feathers. Thanks for responding, I'm excited now!

This is a cross-post of a thread I started. It was suggested I come here to get some help from folks who are more familiar with tetra tints. Can any of y'all make any gender distinctions at this age?

ok I am going to put my 2 cents in, cjjenkins that looks like a tetra and is a girl
cadeschicks bunny girl
tails girl
curly not sure but leaning towards boy
shadow not sure girl
sonic girl
if you look at the hackle and saddle feathers if the tips are rounded like the end of a spoon they are girly feathers if they come to a point they are boy feathers.
Your chickies should go through a mini moult in which they will loose a good bit of the juvie feathers and they will be replaced by their normal ones.
Mine had these long tails that some people said that they where roos but wham mini moult tail feathers gone eggs a couple months later.
You'll only truly know when they lay an egg.
Please keep us updated. I really would like to see how this years tetras turn out. I have six from last year 5 are white and one is white with brown wings. I would like to see the coloring of them and what color eggs you all get.

ok I am going to put my 2 cents in, cjjenkins that looks like a tetra and is a girl
cadeschicks bunny girl
tails girl
curly not sure but leaning towards boy
shadow not sure girl
sonic girl
if you look at the hackle and saddle feathers if the tips are rounded like the end of a spoon they are girly feathers if they come to a point they are boy feathers.
Your chickies should go through a mini moult in which they will loose a good bit of the juvie feathers and they will be replaced by their normal ones.
Mine had these long tails that some people said that they where roos but wham mini moult tail feathers gone eggs a couple months later.
You'll only truly know when they lay an egg.
Please keep us updated. I really would like to see how this years tetras turn out. I have six from last year 5 are white and one is white with brown wings. I would like to see the coloring of them and what color eggs you all get.

Thank you, your 2 cents is very much appreciated. Will try to keep you posted, I have studied the saddle feathers and quite frankly can't see a difference in the ones on the chick I know is a roo and the questionable one. They are just 6 weeks old now so I suppose I will have to wait a while, but I am very impatient!
tongue.png

you hang in there girl!.....i went through 14 roos's to get 10 hens!!!......i will try to post a pic of my girls........my tetras are "suppose" to be gals as well...and i have to tell you, the tail feathers look like a roos too...but i was told they are girls, and i am sticking to it!!!

Back
Top Bottom