The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I am thinking girl. at 11 wks i would believe comb and wattles on a cockerel would be more pronounced. is the white pullet in the backround on the second pic a tetra. look at her comb it looks much bigger and redder than the bird in question. Mine where laying around 16 wks. Hopefully it lays an egg:D

zinia.....all the white birds are suppose to be tetra tints....i dont really see any red on the comb of the one in the background....actually...i dont see much red on any of the white birds....but the pne in front with the pointy tail has a little more red then the other 2....i will try to get better picks....they are kind of crazy!...and dot sit still much!.......you got eggs at 16weeks!!!....WOW!!!!...i hope i do...that will get this delimma settled!!!

To get the tetra tint they take a Rhode Island red rooster and cross it with a white leghorn hen. My tetra tints are now 4 months old and some have the Rhode Island reds head and chest with a white bottom and some are all white. There is little on the breed but if you take a little bit and search them on the internet u can find some things on them.

if you go to mthealthy.com/product/TT-p it tells you what the cross is.

Last edited:
thanks for the info....they came from TSC and should be trtra tints.....any ideas what the male tetra tints look like??.....i may have one!!...haaa!!!

yes....i just happen to get 3 by chance after seeing this post....now i am just wondering if they are girls!!!

jallny ....the first pic looks like the one i am wondering about being a roo.....does that one have pointy tail feathers???

the one with the comb? or the one on my stairs? none of them are crowing, and we bought them as pullets

Last edited:
the very top...(first pic)....mine were bought all as pullets as well.....but in my past i have ended up with some roosters...and told
it is never 100% !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom