Due to an unfortunate coyote incident I lost my rooster and 12 hens. Of the 5 hens left I collected eggs for a week and had a New Years hatch. I ended up with 13 chicks in the middle of the winter and with the nursery coop being drafty uninsulated I'll need to keep them inside longer than usual. We have lots of space in the basement so my husband made this out of scraps we have on the propery. The floor is made out of old metal road sign blanks from my father in laws old sign shop. The wood is from old cedar decks. Should be big enough until they are fully feathered. I don't normally do this many at a time but I had a better hatch than I expected and some are probably going in the soup pot when they start chasing the kids.