The tractor is FINISHED

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by eggonomist, Aug 25, 2008.

1. eggonomist

eggonomist Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Singhampton, Ont, Canada
    Finally the Guinea's are out of the brooder, I think there much happier in the fresh air. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can remove the run and allow them total free range.
    [​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop and fancy and the run looks very sturdy. What's the box on the roof for?

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Very nice coop and run! [​IMG]

4. eggonomist

eggonomist Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Singhampton, Ont, Canada
    The box is a new shape satellite dish [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Actually its an air vent, I wanted as much ventilation as possible as it's easier to block vents rather than make more, the roof cantilevers to allow more breathing room and the rear also has a mesh window that is covered at night making the tractor predator proof. The run is made from some old old chicken wire that I brought at a local auction and by my eye it looks some 3 times thicker than what is available in the hardware stores. I guess there are different grades of chicken wire?
    I'm glad this project is over as I need to finish the coop as it's been neglected for the past 2 months while I procrastinate about spending $100 on a new skill saw.

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    congrats,it looks very nice

6. Lady Lakenvelder

Lady Lakenvelder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Imlay city, michigan
    It looks GREAT!!! I know the chickens will be so happy with it!

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Looks great and is very cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by