The Trap Nesting Thread

MANOZ

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
How do you improve your egg laying hens??This is the initial question i had.These are the answers i found.
56493_latest_043.jpg

56493_mano_021.jpg
Hello All I Have Decided To Trap Nest My Layers This Coming Year.it Seems The Only Logical Way To Find Out Who's Laying And Who's Not.so Now I'm At The Crossroads Of Trap Nests Ohhh Which Way Do I Go? Well, My First Encounter With The Idea Came From "the Belgian Maran's Club".......their Trap Nests Look Easy To Make At First Glance,but Then They Left Off The Door Measurements Which Is The Main Part Of Their Particular Nest Boxes. So Then The Research Took Off, Much Like Another Member Here At Byc, I To Began To Delve Into This Most Interesting Subject.i Will Start Recording My Layers Nov.1.....anyone Else Want To Join In With Me? There's Enough Time For Everyone To Get Their Trap Nests Made ......plus Nov.1 Was The Date Trap Nesting Started Over 100 Years Ago. I Have Several Plans That I Will Be Posting So All Information Will Be Here.just Join In And Improve Your Flock Of Egg Layers As Well

56493_pics_off_dads_camera_263.jpg

ILLUSTRATION ONE

Last edited:
56493_pics_off_dads_camera_286.jpg
ANOTHER DESIGN THAT ACTUALLY WAS PATENTED

Last edited:
56493_pics_off_dads_camera_315.jpg
AS U CAN SEE THERE ARE MANY DESIGNS TO GO BY

I FELT THAT THIS PARTICULAR ONE IS FLAWED DUE TO THE EGG AND HEN ROLLING OUT OF THE BACKSIDE

Last edited:
56493_pics_off_dads_camera_320.jpg
THE CHAMPION
56493_pics_off_dads_camera_321.jpg
SORRY MY PICS R SO BLURRY

Last edited:
56493_pics_off_dads_camera_304.jpg
THIS IS THE MORE POPULAR VERSION THAT I HAVE SEEN AROUND THE INTERNET

I DONT LIKE THIS VERSION TO MUCH BECAUSE U HAVE TO STICK YOUR FINGER UNDERNEATH TO UNLATCH THE LITTLE ARM,MY BROODY REDS WILL PEEL THE BARK OFF YOUR FINGER IF YOU STICK IT IN THERE......LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom