The Turkeys Are Hatching!!!!! Update...Need Advise! **** Picture!!!

SandyC

Songster
12 Years
May 31, 2007
The Flint Hills, Kansas
I wasn't expecting anything for another day or two, but at about 1 am, one of my night owl teens woke me to say that I had a baby turkey!!! There is another egg that has started, but the first on keeps crashing into it and rolling it all around. I hope it will hatch OK. There are 15 eggs in all that I got from Sands (thanks Steve)! I'll keep you all updated! I was afraid that none would hatch because I have had such a hard time keeping the temp regulated, but early this am at least, there is one more baby Bourbon Red in the world!
smile.png

Last edited:
Well, this morning, still only the one turkey. One started pipping last evening, but doesn't look like it has progressed any. I do think I hear other noises other than from the little peep though. I will keep watching and waiting!

woot.gif

congratulations!!

My hen had her first peep because I could hear it and then I kept checking thinking it was a low hatch rate. Three days later, 12 little heads popped out from under her! She had 8 eggs left over that didn't hatch.

Keep us posted.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well, it's been nearly 24 hours since the first one hatched. The second that pipped has done nothing more and no sign of any of the others doing anything.
sad.png
How long do I wait and how long should I live the baby in the incubator? It looks good and healthy. If none of the others hatch, I'm going to have to scramble and see if I can find a newly hatched baby chick from someone so it won't be alone.

Is that a sweet Bourbon red I see? Purty purty....I like the looks.....Congratulations!

Have a blessed day!

Back
Top Bottom