The Ultimate Easter Egger Hunt--Let's Sex These Chicks! (Photo Heavy)

1. PULLET
2. ROOSTER
3. ROOSTER
4. ROOSTER
5. ROOSTER
6. PULLET
7. ROOSTER
8. ROOSTER
9. ROOSTER
10. ROOSTER
11. ROOSTER
12. ROOSTER
13. ROOSTER
14. ROOSTER
15. ROOSTER
16. PULLET
17. ROOSTER
18. ROOSTER
19. ROOSTER
20. PULLET ?

Oh my, sure hope those are not your only chicks. I don't see anywhere near as many pullets as the others do. Sorry.

This. :( I suppose it would be easier to tell you which ones are pullets. That's #1, 6, and 16. I'm "on the fence" about 14, 19, 20. You should be able to see the rusty male feathers as pinfeathers on the wing and probably some saddle feathers coming in though. All others, def no doubt in my mind - male. That is a hugely disproportionate number of male to female. Was this supposed to be ST. run?

This. :( I suppose it would be easier to tell you which ones are pullets. That's #1, 6, and 16. I'm "on the fence" about 14, 19, 20. You should be able to see the rusty male feathers as pinfeathers on the wing and probably some saddle feathers coming in though. All others, def no doubt in my mind - male. That is a hugely disproportionate number of male to female. Was this supposed to be ST. run?

Yep, supposed to be straight run. From an individual who couldn't say what hatchery they came from (it was her husband's project), I got to choose out of bins...

LOL...I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did and picked all the prettiest chicks out of the EE bin. I only ended up with 3 hens out of 14 that way also. The NEXT time I went and picked up chicks from the EE bin, I picked all the plainest ones I could find and ended up with all pullets
big_smile.png
wink.png

and then this is exactly what I did! I'll remember that for next time.

Sorry for the late response all! Here are the answers, as seen by crowing...
hmm.png

PULLETS: #1, 6, and 16 (most of you guessed correctly on this)

COCKERELS: All the rest. Here are a few of the boys (all were either sold as breeders or are now in my freezer):

2. Blondie

3. Gwain

5. Mr. Crooked Toes

7. Calico

8. Arthur

9. Cinnamon (the runt)

10. Turkey Butt

12. Big Red (adopted and now Big Mac)

14. Lancelot

15. Poopy Butt (my pasty chick)

17. Blondie's Cousin

20. Mr. Muffs