The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
What your chicken? I don't think they would like being in the ducks pool
wink.png
no the tadpoles!

I don't know if this is a daft question, but I have a single cherry tomato plant in my garden. It say above about the leaves and vines being toxic, so if my three runners are free ranging in the garden, are they likely to try and eat the plant or do they have the instinct to avoid it? Also, in the past I have used slug pellets around my vegetables (I know I won't need them now I have the ducks) and I'm worried that they might try and eat any old ones they find?
Thanks all.

Hello again you. Yeah I have a couple in my garden and the ducks leave them alone. When the fruit ripens that may be a different story but I'm assuming they'll go for the fruit not the greenery!

This is a really great tool to have! Lots of things I never though went further than my chickens! Now there'll be a fight between the two as to who will be what! lol

One of my Runners ate a mouse! It had drowned in the pond and the duck grabbed it and sucked it down before I could get rid of it. Anyone have similar experiences? Should I start giving her catfood? I'm allergic to cats so this may be a prayer answered for rodent control!

Shudder.
sickbyc.gif

My ducks once found a mouse corpse in pretty rough shape and played keep away with it till I stopped the game. Gag.

You may want to be alert for any signs of worms, though, since I think mice can carry them. Ick.

Back
Top Bottom