The ungrateful quacks

Pics

indianaducks

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
So it’s yet again nasty hot and humid. Heat index already over 100 at noon today. The ducks have two pools (in the sun so probably like bath water at this point) and a huge tree for shade near my house. I went to take my dogs out at lunch and realized the ducks were already really hot. Brought the dogs back in and moved the empty dog kiddie pool to the shade tree for the ducks. Filled it up with clean cold hose water. And got some duck glares that their new pool had water that tasted like “wet dog”… they can be so ungrateful 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 5BC6077E-DF2F-4461-8B59-AA4C95545818.jpeg
    5BC6077E-DF2F-4461-8B59-AA4C95545818.jpeg
    716.4 KB · Views: 70
I can so imagine that. I spray my ducks with the hose. One of them had her turn, so I started to spray my drake. She was rather upset and walk right in front of him like she wasn't done and still deserved the water. My drake got a crestfallen face. He was so disappointed, but let his girl have the water.
Before I got the dog pool for them, I turned on a sprinkler... that was a big mistake. They thought it was going to eat them.... and glared at me. LOL.

Today's episode of the ungrateful quacks -
It poured right before afternoon feeding time. Normally their feed goes in a pan in their outdoor uncovered pen (twice a day). Well now its a swampy mess because all we get is monsoon rains in the middle of landlocked Indiana. :rolleyes:
Well my little quacks, I'll feed you in a clean dry feeder, and put it inside and under the tarp roof so it stays dry. SIXTEEN sets of duck eyes GLARED at me, that I would have the nerve to move their food so it stayed dry... so ungrateful. LOL. And yet, I adore them.

Back
Top Bottom